Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 quad draw overlay append mesh 100% BROKEN! FIX NOW!!!

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1117 Views, 7 Replies

2015 quad draw overlay append mesh 100% BROKEN! FIX NOW!!!

Hi,

In Maya 2015 "Maya has stopped working" occurs the moment Overlay Append Mesh becomes visible in the heads up display, either by shift-clicking inside 4 dots to make a face ... or by already having quads before turning on overlay append mesh to display the edges.

In Maya 2014 sp2 Overlay Append Mesh works perfectly fine.

I've tried changing veiwport settings, tweeking different options in quad draw and testing on other models/meshes.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
_sebastian_f
in reply to: Anonymous

hmmm works perfectly fine here! whats your hardware specs?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: _sebastian_f

WOT! REALLY? mmmm the plot thickens.

Win8 64-bit

Intel Core i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz

AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

8 GB ram

Message 4 of 8
_sebastian_f

ok...amd seems to have more driver related issues than nvidia cards so are your drivers up to date? if you have multiple versions of maya installed make sure you have a clean prefs folder! even if you say in the beginning create default prefs maya tends to copy stuff like the maya.env file from a previous version. i also saw a lot that having an empty .env file can cause trouble so at least add MAYA_LOCATION = C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2015;

to your env, delete and let maya recreate everything else in your maya > 2015-x64 folder. maybe one of this helps.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

I have the same problem, tried everything from uninstalling & reinstalling maya to graphics card drivers, different graphics cards, it still remains, using windows 8.1, it worked with maya 2014 not 2015 they changed it now its skrewed.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks hawhaw. This needs to be fixed.

Message 7 of 8
tanzimtipu

Same problem here.Using windows 8.1. Any solution yet? Stuck!!

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: tanzimtipu

AMD released a new driver beta, seems to have fixed it, driver is for windows 8.1 but not windows 8, seems Amd is'nt supporting windows 8 from now on, ...you can get the driver from their site amd-catalyst-14.6-beta-v1.0-windows-may23

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report