Community
Mockup 360 Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mockup 360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mockup 360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Set current view as front" does not work

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
johan.moreau
2523 Views, 0 Replies

"Set current view as front" does not work

Hi. Some of my models are oriented with Z pointing upwards (ie AutoCAD). I would like to reorient the viewcube to make the Top plane really beeing my Top plane. If not the contrained orbit tool is hard to use (shift + middle button).

When I reorient (to bottom plane) and right click on viewcube "Set current view as front" nothing happens.

BR

Johan

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
liang_chen
in reply to: johan.moreau

Hi Johan,

Thanks for reporting the issue to us. 

Currently, 'Set current view as front' does not work when click the Top and Bottom on viewcube. It could be an issue and our internal team will investigate it ASAP.

I import a simply 3D AutoCAD file into mockup360, and the orientations are the same.

Untitled.jpg

Can you please share the dataset to us? Then we could do more investigation on your case

Thanks

Fred

Fred Chen
SQA Engineer
Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 17
johan.moreau
in reply to: liang_chen

Hi Fred. 

Thank you for the confirmation of the bug.

My dataset started with an Inventor assembly. I added a couple of large AutoCAD models. I rotated the Inventor assembly model since it was the smallest. The orientation now is not correct and I would like to change it.

Also, can you please give the user an option to choose between constrained orbit and free orbit using shift+middle button. I always use this combo in AutoCAD and Inventor. It would be nice to have a common behavior among all Autodesk apps.

Thank you!

BR

Johan

Message 4 of 17
liang_chen

Hi Johan,

Thanks for your feedback:)

It could be a bit inconvenient to switch the orbit type by combo. Currently, Shift+middle is for free orbit and no default shortcut for contrained orbit. There is an option for customer to define their owned shortcut, taking Inventor as an example, please look into the snapshot for details. The same option should exist in other autodesk apps. 

For Mockup 360, we will log a wishlist in our internal issue tracking system. 

1.jpg

Thanks for your feedbacks, and they are very helpful for us:)

Thanks

Fred

Fred Chen
SQA Engineer
Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 17
johan.moreau

In Inventor and Fusion 360, shift + middle button will use the last used method selected by the user from either ribbon or the navigation bar. This is a nice implementation.

I havn't been able to start Mockup 360 for 2 days now, It just crashes after login, but my impression is that shift + middle button is always contrained orbit?!

Message 6 of 17
liang_chen

In Inventor, Shift+Middle is for the last used method, but it is for free orbit in Mockup360, which follows Navisworks application behavior. Seems that Inventor behavior is more convenient, and we will compare the two behaviors and choose a better one. Thanks for your comments 🙂

For the crash issue, it may be caused by the legacy sign in cache file.

Can you please delete the files in the path below, launch and sign in mockup360 again?

%Userprofile%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Web Services

Hope it works for you.

Thanks

Fred

Fred Chen
SQA Engineer
Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 17
johan.moreau

Thank you.

Sorry, no luck deleteing those files. Mockup 360 still crashes after login.

Message 8 of 17
alex.chien

Hi Johan,

Thanks for the info. Were you able to send an error report (CER) when you saw the crash? Is there any more info that you can provide about the crash such as error message?

Thanks,
Alex

Message 9 of 17
johan.moreau
in reply to: alex.chien

No crash report dialog appears. No error message.

Mockup360.exe executes, I login and after 5 seconds it dies.

Message 10 of 17
luciacasu

Johan,

when is the last time you successfully signed in Mockup360?

Did you also inseeted Inventor files using the add-in?

Thanks,

Lucia

Lucia Casu

Fusion360 Development

Message 11 of 17
cmcconnell

It also will not re-orient top vs bottom. For example, if your model is upside down, we should be able to orient it correctly, reset front and it should flip the view cube over (Inventor does this). In Mockup, it does not (Navisworks behaves this way - and is one of the reasons we do not use it).

On another note, I am very happy to see that Spaceball support has been added (even though you chose to use the rediculous Fusion driver rather than the Inventor one)

Mechanix Design Solutions inc.
Message 12 of 17
alex.chien
in reply to: luciacasu

Hi Johan,

Would you please try/answer the following to help us figure out the cause?

1) Are you able to log into your A360 account from browser (https://360.autodesk.com)?

2) Try logging into Mockup360 with a different A360 account and see if it works?

3) Could you provide more detail about how you logged in? Did Mockup360 just exit without error message or crash?

4) Did you login from the Add-in or from the installed client?

5) Did the crash happen after you logged in from Add-in?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Alex

Message 13 of 17
johan.moreau
in reply to: cmcconnell

1) Are you able to log into your A360 account from browser (https://360.autodesk.com)?

Yes

2) Try logging into Mockup360 with a different A360 account and see if it works?

Please provide me one.

3) Could you provide more detail about how you logged in? Did Mockup360 just exit without error message or crash?

No error message. The application just dies.

4) Did you login from the Add-in or from the installed client?

I don't have the Add-in installed.

5) Did the crash happen after you logged in from Add-in?

-

Message 14 of 17
alex.chien

Hi Johan,

Thanks for the update.

1) Can you please create a new A360 account and log into Mockup360? If you are not able to create a new account, can you provide us your email address? We can create a test account for you to test.

2)  What's your operating system (Windows 7 or 8)? Have you installed any new applications after your first login on July 11?

3) Can you try installing Mockup360 on a different machine? Or uninstalling and reinstalling again?

Thanks again,
Alex

Message 15 of 17
johan.moreau

1) Can you please create a new A360 account and log into Mockup360? If you are not able to create a new account, can you provide us your email address? We can create a test account for you to test.

I created a new account. Using this account, Mockup360 runs fine.

2)  What's your operating system (Windows 7 or 8)? Have you installed any new applications after your first login on July 11?

W7x64. No.

3) Can you try installing Mockup360 on a different machine? Or uninstalling and reinstalling again?

Did uninstall, reinstall. No change.

Message 16 of 17
alex.chien

Hi Johan,

Thanks for the info. Good to know that Mockup360 works ok with your new account.

More questions:

1) Does your old A360 account have plenty of free space? You can check the usage by going to Your Account>Profile>Services.

2) Can you share your mockups in your old account with me? My email is: alex.chien@autodesk.com

Thanks,

Alex

Message 17 of 17
nideli1871

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report