Community
Mockup 360 Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Mockup 360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Mockup 360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View orientation

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
robs2323
2244 Views, 0 Replies

View orientation

My Top view from Inventor is Front in Mockup.

"Set current View as Front" does not do anything.

Is there a fix for this.. or do I do sth wrong?

Anybody had this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pfwhite
in reply to: robs2323

It looks like the 'Set Current View as Front' option will only work with the left, right, and back faces of the view cube but will not allow you to the set the top or bottom faces of the view cube as front. Is this what you were trying to do? 

An alternative to re-setting the view cube front orientation is to rotate your model 90 degrees in the mockup to get it in the right orientation. You can do this using the re-position command in mockup and then using the triad to rotate it 90 degrees. 

I'm going to look into why the set current view as front will not work with the top and bottom faces of the view cube. 

Peter

Autodesk 

Message 3 of 5
robs2323
in reply to: pfwhite

Hey Peter, Thanks for that.

So when I "Set Current View as Front" using Top face, nothing happens. When selecting Right, Left, view changes to Front, but sidways, meaning Y axis is up/down, whereas I need Z axis to be up/doen.  When selectig Bottom face, it changes to Front, but is up-side-down, i.e. same problem.

I think its all AutoCAD's fault. We have Inventor set up to follow AutoCAD with Z axis being vertical = up/down, (in default Inventor setting, Y axis is the vertical).

Any chance that this could be controlled? Otherwise, rotatimg the model would be the only solution..

Thanks,

Rob

Message 4 of 5
pfwhite
in reply to: robs2323

Hi Rob,

Unfortunately for now, I think the only option might be to rotate the model.

We're going to add an option in Mockup to change the up axis between Y and Z in our next update but that is probably not going to be available until the July time frame. We recognize this is a common problem so we may try to expedite it and get it out sooner.

Peter 

Message 5 of 5
robs2323
in reply to: pfwhite

Please do :))

Cheers!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report