Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weird zoom/view issues

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
234 Views, 5 Replies

weird zoom/view issues

This problem has been cropping up lately. I was wondering if anyone else has ever seen it. I did do some searching here and did not find anything.

I am working with surfaces in MDT, and all of a sudden, it's like the view on my screen does not match the view that MDT "thinks" I am seeing. It's hard to explain. I attached a screenshot that might give you some idea. The magenta surface is a fillet that I selected, and as you can see, the grips for that surface are out of whack. Now, if I were to zoom in or out with the mouse wheel at this point, that's when things get really crazy. The view won't stay centered on my cursor when I roll the wheel, like it normally does. The model will dissappear with one roll of the wheel, and it's way out in la-la land somewhere. The only way to fix it is to zoom all. After that I can continue working normally (for a little while anyway).

I have made no changes to any hardware, no service packs have been added or anything like that. It just started doing it out of the blue a couple weeks ago. I have been trying to pin down what triggers it, but it seems to be completely random.

Video card: Quadro 4 750 XGL 128MB
Driver: 6.14.0010.8164
Windows XP
MDT 2008
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Looks like you're in a 3d wireframe mode and maybe in some prespecticve view
but can't really tell. Try VSCURRENT > 2d and see if that helps.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I did try all of the visual styles. They all behave the same way. I updated the video card driver to 6.14.0010.9136. This did not make any difference either.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Can you post the dwg?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I have noticed that not all the files I work with display this behavior. I have been trying to figure out why this one and a couple others are doing this. The file is 13MB. So I couldn't post it here. But we have an ftp site I could put it on if you really want to look at it. If you email me at: tsweeney at gemini group dot net (no spaces) I will point you to the ftp site. Thanks
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Having someone else take a look will at least rule out if it is
display/memory related.

Aug
wrote in message news:5878714@discussion.autodesk.com...
I have noticed that not all the files I work with display this behavior. I
have been trying to figure out why this one and a couple others are doing
this. The file is 13MB. So I couldn't post it here. But we have an ftp
site I could put it on if you really want to look at it. If you email me
at: tsweeney at gemini group dot net (no spaces) I will point you to the ftp
site. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report