Mechanical Desktop

Contributor
ed.galicki
Message 1 of 2 (1,121 Views)

Mechanical Desktop repair

1121 Views, 1 Replies
08-28-2012 09:43 AM

My version of Mechanical Desktop 2009 has started showing errors and will not function - I tried to find a repair function and the disk does not have the category on the Inventor Suite set or on the Mechanical Desktop set I had to request to get. If I try to install from the disks the install says I already have a newer version so there is no option to reinstall - and the repair function from the Inventor suite set did not fix the MDT install.

Is there any way to repair the MDT install? I would appreciate any help figuring this out. I am stuck.

Thanks

Ed Galicki

*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 2 of 2 (1,046 Views)

Re: Mechanical Desktop repair

09-26-2012 08:59 AM in reply to: ed.galicki

If you go into Windows Control Panel and right click on MDT you should get a Repair option.

If that doesn't work search Google for Autodesk Clean Uninstall instructions.

When you get it re-installed and operating correctly be sure to set a Windows Restore Point so that if this happens again you only need to do a Restore to an earlier date when all was working.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community