Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mechanical Desktop 2009 - Text disappears when MOVE command is used

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Pattonskc
745 Views, 4 Replies

Mechanical Desktop 2009 - Text disappears when MOVE command is used

We have recently up graded from MDT 2007 to 2009. Now when I open drawings created in the old format and attempt to move simple 2D text (or dim figures) they completely disappear.
They CAN be moved using the editing handles.
But if I select an entire view (non-parametric geometry on the LAYOUT tab), selecting text dims and all with a window (or single pick items with the pick box), and use the MOVE command, all entities move as expected except the text entities which simply disappear.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,
Can you attach a sample drawing file which has the issue or send it to sridharDOTsubramaniATautodeskDOTcom
Thanks,
Sridhar
Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 5
Pattonskc
in reply to: Pattonskc

Thanks, Sridhar.
We have since discovered that after being moved the text can be seen by doing a REGEN, but that is time-consuming, too.
Scott
Message 4 of 5

Hi Scott,
I could not reproduce the issue on MDT 2009 SP3. Can you insall SP3 from the following link and verify the issue again if its not installed?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9242019#section25
Thanks,
Sridhar
Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 5 of 5
WAYNER52
in reply to: Sridhar-Autodesk

Was this ever resolved?  Did updating to SP3 fix this issue?  I am having the same problem right now with the text disappearing after moving it to a new location.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Wayne

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report