Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDT 2009 ON 64BIT MACHINES

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
hazybark
5167 Views, 14 Replies

MDT 2009 ON 64BIT MACHINES

Has anyone got experience or success with the following....

1.A) Successfuly running MDT 2009 on XP 64 Bit Proffesional with 3rd party virtual machine software to run other 32 Bit software?

1.B) Successfuly unning MDT 2009 on Vista 64 Bit Ulimate with 3rd party virtual machine software to run other 32 Bit software?

2) Magically able to run MDT 2009 on Windows 7 64 Bit Professional with using its Windows XP virtual machine software to run other 32 Bit software?

For family of parts modelling/variations of a theme, I use MDT 2009's assembly centric capability, using macros to simultaneously update (family tables) hundreds of parameter/design variable driven master models - Dynamicaly updates 100's of layouts in seconds. Quicker to do in 2D Autocad than in 3D inventor? I don't want to go backwards.

Please Autodesk show me a better way?... other than treating long-term subscription customers as objects. If I am forced to use Inventor or other software my productivity gains will go back from project completion in 2 hours back to 2 weeks.

I need to wrap this project up for my client before year end.

Thanks in anticipation!

Daryl
Drafting Contractor - South Australia
Contract free from January 2010
hazybark@cadils.com.au
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
syl13
in reply to: hazybark

Daryl, we are communly using MDT 2009 on XP 61 BIT pro (9 seat) and 1 seat under window 7 64 bits. However we are nut running with a 3rd party virtual machine software, like you ask.

All of them running good. The unly problem we are living is with bolt installation. Whorkink ok 50% of the time. The unly way to contour this problem, is the start a second session of MDT, create the bolt connection you need, and CTL C / CTL V un the first session.

Best regard

syl.
Message 3 of 15
aguitton116

Hi syl13,
how did you manage to install MDT 2009 on Windows 7 64b ? (or at least manage to do it work) I'm also interested 🙂

Thanks in advance.

Arnaud
Message 4 of 15
syl13

Hi Arnaud,

I did the installation the same way.
However, the promlem to uncontour is the printing driver. You must have the right driver, otherwise mcd will crash at printing.

best regard.

syl13
Message 5 of 15
aguitton116

Hi, I finally got time to try an installation of MDT on windows 7 64 bits and I have a critical error which ends the installation without explanation (result 1603...).
If I install it on a virtual machine, I won't be able to convert MDT files to Inventor format because I think the computer will not think that the 2 softwares are on the same machine (as the virtual one is considered as a separate machine).

Did you do something special ? (or maybe have an idea ?)
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous

If you haven't yet, you should check out Dennis Jeffrey's advice on avoiding
install problems here;

http://teknigroup.com/tutorials/InstallAdsk2009.html

It applies to Inventor and MDT. You can also do a search for error 1603 in
the Inventor discussion group to find other discussions on the topic.

I hope this helps,
Roger Mollon
MFG - Novi
Autodesk, Inc.

wrote in message news:6330143@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hi, I finally got time to try an installation of MDT on windows 7 64 bits
and I have a critical error which ends the installation without explanation
(result 1603...).
If I install it on a virtual machine, I won't be able to convert MDT files
to Inventor format because I think the computer will not think that the 2
softwares are on the same machine (as the virtual one is considered as a
separate machine).

Did you do something special ? (or maybe have an idea ?)
Message 7 of 15
aguitton116

Thanks for the answer, I think it will help a bit.

I also read something on the read me and now I feel so stupid : on 64 bits machines, I have to extract the 2 zip files on the same folder... I think it will be better. I keep you aware 😉
Message 8 of 15
aguitton116

That's OK guys, I can now launch MDT !! Thanks again for your involvment. I just have a problem now to borrow a license but it's not really an issue for me.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous

Is that possible to install virtual machine software Win7 64 bits on
computer hard drive with WinXp 32 bits & Nvidia 32 bit driver & all 32 bits
drivers preinstalled?

Al

wrote in message news:6295709@discussion.autodesk.com...
Daryl, we are communly using MDT 2009 on XP 61 BIT pro (9 seat) and 1 seat
under window 7 64 bits. However we are nut running with a 3rd party virtual
machine software, like you ask.

All of them running good. The unly problem we are living is with bolt
installation. Whorkink ok 50% of the time. The unly way to contour this
problem, is the start a second session of MDT, create the bolt connection
you need, and CTL C / CTL V un the first session.

Best regard

syl.
Message 10 of 15
dpeynado1

Hello, I have tried with all my might to install Autodesk Mechanical Desktop 2009 on our Designing PC running Windows 7 Pro 64bit with AutoDesk Inventory Pro Suite 2010 already installed (including AutoCAD Mechanical 2010), but after downloading the 2 zip files, extracting them to the same folder and installing it, the installer crashes saying wrong device or something.

If I go into the x64 directory and install Mechanical Desktop from there it will install, but then it seems to reference AutoCAD Mechanical files that it needs to run from a wrong directory and says cannot load a variety of files and throws exceptions and then it crashes. When I check the path of the files, it is looking for the folder "acadm" but the only "acadm 2010" exists with the files it is looking for. I even tired creating the directory and copying the files there, no go.

I installed with the local administrator account (we are networked here) and turned off windows firewall and windows defender and UAC. I haven't installed a antivirus yet. I even tried installing in Vista SP2 compatibility mode... same thing.

How did you get it to install and work?
Can someone show me the way... like Jesus or something?... just joking, but seriously.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous

You cannot install MDT on a system that has the same version of AutoCAD
Mechanical. Uninstall Mechanical, then install MDT. It's always been
that way.
--
Dennis Jeffrey, Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert

Subscribe to the free "The Creative Inventor Magazine now available at:
http://teknigroup.com/CI-Subscribe-Login.asp
Message 12 of 15
aguitton116

Hi everyone.

I'm back on this topic for a new trial of MDT 2009 on windows 7.

I downloaded the PDS 2012  compatible version and i'm able to launch the setup. After configuration of the installation, I launch it, it installs visual C++ 2005 redistribuable, then direct X runtime, then starts MDT and crashes without any explanation but error 1603 in th elog.

I read again the beginning of this topic and make sure that everything was fine (unzipped in the same folder for example).

Dennis Jeffrey's link is dead so I can't see what it was.

I first thought it was a problem with .net framework 3.5 so I downloaded it from microsoft site and installed it, but it's still the same problem.

Now I can't see what I can do.

It's not a big problem for me because I don't use it but i'm trying to help my customer who has the same problem and same configuration (windows 7 pro SP1 64 bits with inventor 2013).

We both installed inventor 2012 in order to be able to install MDT20098 (otherwise the setup don't even start).

Any help would be appreciated. I will probably open a case in the autodesk support site if I don't have any solution here 😉

Message 13 of 15
ampster402
in reply to: aguitton116

sorry can't help you, just to note Dennis passed away within the last yr or so, none of the links he provided over the years no longer works.

Message 14 of 15
aguitton116
in reply to: ampster402

I'm so sorry for Dennis 😞 He was really a valuable contributor here.

Message 15 of 15
ampster402
in reply to: aguitton116

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report