Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDT 2006 and cui files

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Jamie-Lyn
1375 Views, 3 Replies

MDT 2006 and cui files

Hi troops,

After being a injection mold designer for 20 yrs and using MDT 3.0 since '98, I've had to upgrade to MDT 2006. Can't get over how it's improved (I can extrude splines now) and as soon as I get it "tweaked in" I'm sure it'll be just as fast and adroit as it was. However, I'm at a loss to figure out the CUI aspect as my install has no help files (much to my chagrin). I already had to re-install once due to the known bug about the cui files (forget what the error message was but others have noted it) and I'm a bit gun-shy to customize now. Obviously i need to educate myself about this new feature lest I run into error yet a second time. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I might find some documentation or tutorials on this? I've tried working (blindly) with the "transfer" feature with bad results; won't try that again. Any input would be helpful,

Thanx, Jamie-Lyn

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Jamie-Lyn

There are dozens of free blogs on AutoCAD's CUI, even 2006 versions, and a handful of Youtube videos to boot: help yourself with an Internet search.
Message 3 of 4
Jamie-Lyn
in reply to: pendean

Thanks, i DID do an internet search and it brought me here. And what better place to get answers than the people that make the product.
Jamie
Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Jamie-Lyn

I doubt this was the ONLY place your Internet search got you to otherwise you might want a better search engine 😉

This is a place to ask, you did, and you got an answer. That appears to have scared you. Why? Blogs and online tutorials are the bet resource but you need to read through them. They are not going to do your desired tweaks for you.
Happy studying.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report