Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License is invalid error. HELP

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Splashn94
13013 Views, 9 Replies

License is invalid error. HELP

Once and a while I get a "Your license is invalid. Please contact your local authorized Autocad Dealer". It also comes up with "Fatal Error: This Product has not been properly activated on this system" at the same time. Most of the time it's fine but every once and a while this error comes up and shuts down Mechanical Desktop. I have tried to see if it comes up at a certain time or day and that is not the case. It is at random. I do have a valid licence. Please Help.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

I suspect the cause of this error is your operating system is running out of available memory (2 GB for 32 bit OS) and is shutting the application down. The reason you are seeing the license error is because the link to the application's activation files on your hard drive is being disconnected.

If you have more than 3 GB of RAM on your machine, try the 3 GB switch as detailed in the following link: http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1071001

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Sridhar

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 3 of 10
HawkAIA
in reply to: Sridhar-Autodesk

So any clue as to why it would be happening on Windows7 64bit with 4 GB of Ram?

Message 4 of 10
Sridhar-Autodesk
in reply to: HawkAIA

Hi,

Can you let me know what version of Autodesk application are you using?

Thanks.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 5 of 10
HawkAIA
in reply to: Sridhar-Autodesk

We are actually using Revit Archtiectural Suite 2011, and the problem happens mostly in Autocad on multiple machines. (I have 7 licenses).  This is the only forum where I have been able to find an intelligent response to what seems to be a fairly widespread problem.  I posted the problem on my subscription site and they told to re-install Windows 7 and Autocad. No joke.

Message 6 of 10

Hi,

At this point of time, I can think of increasing the virtual memory of the machine.   You may increase it to 2 to 3 times of your RAM size. Find attached image.

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Sridhar Subramani

Senior Product Owner

Message 7 of 10
lonesa
in reply to: Splashn94

We have been getting this error on our standalone Civil 3d licenses since 2009.  We are currently running 2011 on a Win 7  (sp 1) workstation 64 bit app with 12 gig ram.  Our prior machines were running XP pro with 4 gigs of memory.  I do not think this problem is a memory issue or a vertical specifc problem. 

Any other AUTODESK help??

Message 8 of 10

The link is not working

Message 9 of 10
sibuprasad73
in reply to: Splashn94

try every solution but nothing can solve my problem
Message 10 of 10

Hi @sibuprasad73,

Welcome to the Autodesk Community.

If you haven't already done so, I recommend that you contact our Registration & Activation team, so that they can check your license. If they confirm your license is valid and still eligible for use, but the issue persists, then you can start a new thread on the Installation & Licensing forum and provide as many details as possible about your problem (without posting confidential information, such as your serial number and e-mail address). Our I&L experts will help you.

Regards, 

Simona Golisciano

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report