Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
1958 Views, 13 Replies

Help Please!

When opening mech. Desktop I get the following error message, Failed to create CommCntrClientSink object , any help would be appreciated.
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have internet access when you start MDT? Scott Mollon Quality Assurance Autodesk, Inc. "alochner1" wrote in message news:8125664.1077730736362.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > When opening mech. Desktop I get the following error message, Failed to create CommCntrClientSink object , any help would be appreciated.
Message 3 of 14
alochner

Yes, I do have internet
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

Can you check to see if you have a log file created in the following directory? C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Autodesk\WebServices If you do can you send it to me? Thanks Scott Mollon Quality Assurance Autodesk, Inc. "alochner" wrote in message news:4584070.1077920449388.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Yes, I do have internet
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

I cant seem to find that directory.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous

I went into the MDT folder on the C: drive, than webservices, but there isnt a "Log File"
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

i have a file called xmsg_WSLU_Errors , when i open it with notepad it seems to list a lot of errors with live update i think.
Message 8 of 14
scotthoerig

Scott

I receive the same error as the other gentleman. I have attached my one of the two log files.

Scott Hoerig
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous

Interesting, the log file looks as if everything is occurring correctly. What versions of Internet Explorer do you have? Scott Mollon Quality Assurance Autodesk, Inc "scotthoerig" wrote in message news:15134384.1079101197957.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Scott > > I receive the same error as the other gentleman. I have attached my one of the two log files. > > Scott Hoerig
Message 10 of 14
scotthoerig

I have version IE 6.0 installed on my computer.

Here is the second log file that is on the computer.

My communication center in Inventor (Version 8 w/SP1) works just fine, but all of the ACAD (2004 DX SP1) Mechanical Desktop etc, give me that error on start up and the satellite dish (bottom right) does nothing.

Thanks - Scott Hoerig
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

That is how it is with me also. My Inventor release(7) comm center works just fine, no errors, but all my Mech Desktop apps get the error. I have the newest Internet Explorer.
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

I seemed to have figured it out. I was using a Registry Cleaner and when I ran the cleaner it must have deleted some vital Mech. Desktop registry keys. I reinstalled Mech Desktop worked perfect, ran the cleaner, the problem came back. So now I have gotten rid of the cleaner, reinstalled again and all is well now.
Message 13 of 14
garyljohnson

WOW...
You guys posted this problem back in March of 04.
I just starting getting same problem today.
Just so happens that I McAfee's ran this morning and cleaned up the registry and now MDT will not run. Getting the same 'CommCntrClientSink' error. I even checked Inventor and it is running fine.
My wife is now making the 50 minute drive to bring me my install CD's so I can correct the registry entries.
I am sure glad that these older message like yours stick around here for a while.
FYI, I am using,
XP Pro (service pack 2)
MDT 2005

Gary J
Message 14 of 14
nwillisaes

This is a Registry error. Registry cleaners cause it. You do not have to reinstall autocad 2007. You can if you want but you only have a limited amout of times you can install or reinstall the program. It is better when you get this error to go into c:/programfiles/autocad 2007 and if the folders for the registry backup and open them and merge the backups back to you computer registry

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report