Mechanical Desktop

alochner1
Message 11 of 14 (1,079 Views)

Re: Help Please!

03-18-2004 07:12 AM in reply to: alochner1
That is how it is with me also. My Inventor release(7) comm center works just fine, no errors, but all my Mech Desktop apps get the error. I have the newest Internet Explorer.
alochner1
Message 12 of 14 (1,079 Views)

04-06-2004 06:10 PM in reply to: alochner1
I seemed to have figured it out. I was using a Registry Cleaner and when I ran the cleaner it must have deleted some vital Mech. Desktop registry keys. I reinstalled Mech Desktop worked perfect, ran the cleaner, the problem came back. So now I have gotten rid of the cleaner, reinstalled again and all is well now.
Contributor
garyljohnson
Message 13 of 14 (1,080 Views)

03-10-2008 09:42 AM in reply to: alochner1
WOW...
You guys posted this problem back in March of 04.
I just starting getting same problem today.
Just so happens that I McAfee's ran this morning and cleaned up the registry and now MDT will not run. Getting the same 'CommCntrClientSink' error. I even checked Inventor and it is running fine.
My wife is now making the 50 minute drive to bring me my install CD's so I can correct the registry entries.
I am sure glad that these older message like yours stick around here for a while.
FYI, I am using,
XP Pro (service pack 2)
MDT 2005

Gary J
nwillisaes
Message 14 of 14 (1,022 Views)

08-08-2012 08:43 AM in reply to: alochner1

This is a Registry error. Registry cleaners cause it. You do not have to reinstall autocad 2007. You can if you want but you only have a limited amout of times you can install or reinstall the program. It is better when you get this error to go into c:/programfiles/autocad 2007 and if the folders for the registry backup and open them and merge the backups back to you computer registry

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community