Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics problems in MDT 2009

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
psm
Contributor
1723 Views, 16 Replies

Graphics problems in MDT 2009

We recently switched from MDT2006 to MDT2009 sp 3 and xp with nvidia FX1700 card. Now we have problems with the graphics, it is slow to update a 2d sketch when it is in toggle mode if you go over to 2d wireframe it works OK. We also have problems when moving or rotating parts it freezes when trying to move it and when you press the toggle it shows the new possition.

Are we the only one with this problem?
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: psm

I use MDT 2008 with a FX1700 on a 64 bit Vista machine with no difficulty.
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous

Hi Aug.
Can you give a spec of your 64 bit machine?
I'd rather use WinXP 64.
Al
"Aug" wrote in message
news:6350905@discussion.autodesk.com...
I use MDT 2008 with a FX1700 on a 64 bit Vista machine with no difficulty.
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous

Nothing special,
Quad core AMD,
FX 1700 Graphics card
4 Gig of Ram
2- 1 Tetra Bit hard drives
Running Acad MDT 2004DX
Acad MDT 2008
Acad Mech 2010

Prefer using the 2008 MDT for stability.

Aug
Message 5 of 17
psm
Contributor

Now to another problem. How do I add materials glass to my models. I create a layer and add the materials in render dialog then materialattach. The problem is that the material is only visible when I render it.

Is MDT 2008 more stable than 2009?
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous

Search the internet for a lisp called AMCHLAY and use it to change the
part(s) to the layer you want and then it'll render correctly.

--

Jason Rhymes
3D Solid Power Toys
Multi Solid Stretch
http://www.acadianagraphics.com

"PSM_" wrote in message news:6352819@discussion.autodesk.com...
Now to another problem. How do I add materials glass to my models. I create
a layer and add the materials in render dialog then materialattach. The
problem is that the material is only visible when I render it.

Is MDT 2008 more stable than 2009?
Message 7 of 17
psm
Contributor

I have not had this much problem with MDT since MDT5. We have stayed with MDT 2006 in five years and it has worked perfectly but now we have big problems with MDT2009. I've tried all different drivers for my video card and various settings for system / performance tuning but noting helps. The only solution is to restart MDT every 10 minutes. If I have a large model up and want to change in a sketch of a sub-assembly, I often get error feture undo end. Sometimes the screen turns as mosaics.

We have paid five years with nine subscription license and now this. : (
Message 8 of 17
sjbosley

As you are on subscription, I recommend that you log a support request through your subscription login.
Simon Bosley Edited by: sjbosley on Mar 22, 2010 10:51 AM
Message 9 of 17
psm
Contributor

I get this when trying

No Access to Web Support

Your administrator has restricted your access to Web Support.

Contact your Contract Manager or Software Coordinator if you have questions

An additional problem is that some of us gett, "your license is invalid" then crach. Edited by: PSM_ on Mar 23, 2010 3:27 PM
Message 10 of 17
sjbosley

Someone at your company is the designated admin and alter your login settings to give you access. If you have trouble locating that person I would contact the subscription team and they can tell you who the subscription admin is. There is a link to a form for subscription support at:
http://signinhelp.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?id=11053696&siteID=11034745#section20
Message 11 of 17
531623/136813

It is not easy to login on web support. We have changed our company name. Befor it was Celltec Engineering AB and now Bruks AB.Our admin account is not either alowed to loggin to web support and your siebel number is 1-8696451971.
Message 12 of 17
psm
Contributor

Are we still the only company in the world that have major problem with MDT 2009. Still this issue when edit sketch and in some files the sketch disapper from the screen and I need to restart the system every 15 minutes. Other problem is when I move a part I need to type regen to see the actual movement or swicth to 2d wireframe or save.

Still xp and al drivers OK.

Now the question should we continue with our 9 subscription when we not using Inventor?

Message 13 of 17
psm
Contributor

Now I have more problem then ever. I have a new DELL M4500 with W7-64 bit and Nvida software that is developed for this machine. It might be some thing with dual screens, 3d wireframe and spaceball because when i work with my old lapptop M70 and xp 32 bit everything works perfect using only lapptop screen and no spaceball.

So now i work 5 minutes with a model the my sketch disapear and I need to restart. Or i move a part then i need to type REGEN or SAVE to see that the new possition of the part.

Message 14 of 17
Mike--

i have a nvidia FX520 and i have no problem , but i put the tunning in recommend values.

Message 15 of 17
psm
Contributor
in reply to: Mike--

I have tried every tunning value It's not releasing memory.

Are you using dual screen?

Message 16 of 17
Mike--

no

Message 17 of 17
psm
Contributor

I have finally found out the reason for my problems. It’s my balls, not that the space ball. If I don´t touch it everything work joust find, but it’s hard to work without it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report