Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum to be archived in several phases. You can no longer submit new questions - but can only answer existing threads until Oct 17th 2016. Please read this message for details
Mechanical Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal error... please help

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
pilot8251w
1455 Views, 4 Replies

Fatal error... please help

I have been recieving this fatal error for a few months. No computer changes or software changes... The drawings are files I've worked with for years. I've tried the disable signature icons and it has not helped. this is getting very frustrating to deal with... it only happens when I try to open a file and does not always do it... here is a screen shot of the error.

Also, I have sent about 50 of the autocad error reports and have had no help!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: pilot8251w

Error reports are read, but unless they know of a fix, they will never contact you back. So it appears you got something unique going on, or there is not enough info for them to decipher.
So what triggers the crash and can you do it on demand?
Message 3 of 5
pilot8251w
in reply to: pendean

I can not trigger the crash... It's seems to be random. Opening a new drawing or opening an existing drawing gives the error. sometimes I can open drawings most of the day or start a new drawing most of the day then i might get the error 10 or 12 times in a row...

Message 4 of 5
pendean

Random is probably why there is no response for a fix: try hard to identify a trigger. It may be a command sequence, or a specific file open or being opened. Good luck.
Message 5 of 5
JDMather

The screen capture you show indicates you are using AutoCAD Mechanical - not Mechanical Desktop (where you have posted this question).  You are more likely to get an appropriate response on the AutoCAD Mechanical forum.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report