Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ViewCube missing in Maya LT Mac OSX

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
miJmitoo
3390 Views, 5 Replies

ViewCube missing in Maya LT Mac OSX

I've recently noticed in downloading maya lt for windows that the viewcube is present, but in the mac OSX version it's not present.

Has this been fixed since my month ago mac osx maya lt download?  If not, could you please update the file download or provide a fixer patch (the viewcube is indespensible).

Thanks,

Michael

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
remimcgill
in reply to: miJmitoo

Hi Michael,

Sorry but for right now the Viewcube is not in the Mac OSX version because we do not have viewport support yet for it on the Mac, we hope to put this in some time in the future, but it may be a little bit before it appears.

Thanks,

Remi

Remi McGill

Games Solutions Group

Autodesk Media and Entertainment

Message 3 of 6
eulersosa
in reply to: remimcgill

Where is it in the windows version?

Message 4 of 6
remimcgill
in reply to: eulersosa

Hi,

So I was mistaken, you will not see it in the Mac or Windows version, because the problem is that the ViewCube does not currently render in Viewport 2.0.  

The reason you see the viewcube in regular Maya and not Maya LT is because Maya's default viewport renderer is not Viewport 2.0.  In Maya LT we decided to go with Viewport 2.0 only as a simplification and because only Viewport 2.0 is being maintained into the future at this point.  I think we will eventually get the Viewcube into Viewport 2.0 but it may be a little while before this happens.

Thanks,

Remi

Message 5 of 6
miJmitoo
in reply to: eulersosa

Upper right hand of the "grid area" (the usual spot found in Maya).
Message 6 of 6
miJmitoo
in reply to: remimcgill

Thanks for your reply.

But Viewport 2.0?  I'm still confused due to my most recent Maya LT windows download, where the view cube appeared, and was subsequently used (I really, really hope fixes are made to include for mac osx soon; it definitely exists in the windows Maya LT version).

Michael

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report