Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SpacePilot Pro or any 3Dconnexion device support for Maya LT?

45 REPLIES 45
Message 1 of 46
peter
3780 Views, 45 Replies

SpacePilot Pro or any 3Dconnexion device support for Maya LT?

Hello,

I'm about to purchase Maya LT 2014 to be used in my asset creation pipeline.

Just downloaded the trial version , but my SpacePilot does not work in Maya LT.

Please tell me that there is a version of the plug-in available for Maya LT!

I cannot work without a 3D input device.

I'm running 64bit Windows 8

Can someone from autodesk please shine a light on this topic.

I tried using the plugin for maya 2014, but it is not supported.

Peter Pankras

www.CNC-lab.nl

45 REPLIES 45
Message 21 of 46
studiodelatorre
in reply to: peter

I spent hours trying to find out why my SpaceNavigator doesn't work.

"The plug-in is not compatible with this application (3DxMaya)" - Is not a helpful Message since it does imply that the Plug-In is broken and i stumpled upon this Thread, just to find out that there is no Plug-In support in Maya LT in first place, ugh...

No Plug-In support in Maya LT is totaly OK since you already get everything you need for Game Asset creation but people expect 3D Mouse Support independly from this restriction - just like Substance Support.

So i hope we get 3Dx Support ASAP - until then i will keep it at a Montly Subscription and use Blender paralel (which i hoped to avoid with MayaLT).

Message 22 of 46
will.resendes

Does anyone from Autodesk have any encouraging words about this?  If it wasnt for Modo my 3d mouse would have collected dust 🙂 

Message 23 of 46
zalmegra
in reply to: studiodelatorre

I'm also disappointed that my Space Pilot won't work while using the trial version of Maya LT. I wonder if the number of users of the device is small for this version of Maya, so that it isn't going to be much of a priority for a long time.

Message 24 of 46
ExoForge
in reply to: MatthewDoyleArt

Hi there!

(I'm kinda new on the site.)

Is there any news about the problem?

I am left handed (mouse/pen on the left hand, 3d connexion on the right hand), I used maya for a long time as an employee, now I am a contractor bought the Maya LT, I tought, that the 3d-mouse navigation in a 3d-modeller program is a basic thing. (Big disappointment, that it Isn't.)
Working without the 3d-mouse is very complicated with this left-handed situation, tiring and not at last slow. I feel like myself during work, that my hands been ripped off without the 3dconnexion.

I hope there will be a solution soon!

Gábor.

(ps: sorry for my English)

Message 25 of 46

Resurrection time.  I'm new to Maya LT and I own multiple 3DConnexion devices and find them very beneficial to working speed.  Since this thread started it seems Maya LT has added a Plug-in Manager that seems to allow plug-in loading, but when I try to manually load the 3DConnexion Maya 2016 plug-in (3DxMaya.mll, any of the versions, 32 and 64 bit), I get the message:

// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/MayaLT2016/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 781: The plug-in is not compatible with this application (3DxMaya)

Has anyone been able to make 3dConnexion products work with Maya LT yet after all these years or found a workaround?  Perhaps I did something wrong in setup.  If not, maybe someone from Autodesk can comment again about the status of this issue and if the fault is Autodesk's or 3DConnexion's.  

Thanks,

Robert

Message 26 of 46
autodeskK85HC

Subscription wont happen for me while spacepilot pro is not working. (Even free Blender software supports it)

Message 27 of 46
Bouke360
in reply to: autodeskK85HC

I'd like to bump this again. Where are we at on the 3dConnexion support? Thanks!

Message 28 of 46

it's been a few years, does MAYA LT and SpacePilot Pro play nice?

Message 29 of 46
peter
in reply to: creativegameobject

no, they don't care.

I cancelled my subscription.

Message 30 of 46
ExoForge

Me2, This is my last month, going to swich to modo indie, and/or blender.
Message 31 of 46
andrew.grant
in reply to: ExoForge

Hello,

If you have not already, please add a vote here:

http://mayafeedback.autodesk.com/forums/281072-ideas-for-maya-lt-forum/suggestions/6955095-3d-mouse-...

This is one the highest voted items that we would like to address.

Message 32 of 46

Why does this feature need a vote?

I thing the need for it is self-evident

Message 33 of 46

It doesn't - but it helps us and 3DConnexion know how much people want this. Helps speed things along the more data we have. We are not waiting for some threshold - already working on it.

Message 34 of 46
peter
in reply to: andrew.grant

It's been at the top since MayaLT launched.

I even asked back then about it to whoever was the Maya LT product manager, and his answer was that it already worked..    not knowing it did not about the product you are product manager off.

3D mouse support is standard for almost every other product in the autodesk line.

mudbox even has superb tablet screen support.

I've been a Maya user since Version 1.0 back when it was Still from Alias | Wavefront.

Back then Maya had a face, we where taken seriously, and we as users where part of of the support chain for new customers.

We helped each other, listened to each other.

I remember Bingo the clown, chris landreth..  that whole feeling is lost..    I don't have the feeling I'm taken seriously.  

That's why I haven't used an autodesk product anymore for years..   not because autodesk does not have good product under their name.

Call me sentimental , but that's how it feels. Do with it what you want because I did not hear a single answer since I asked this question 3 years ago.

And that's why I'm a Modo User now. 

Message 35 of 46
andrew.grant

Sorry to hear that we let you down Peter. With the new year coming up, we resolve to do better by Maya LT users in 2017!

Message 36 of 46
ExoForge

Very well said Peter, very well said.

Message 37 of 46
brianofmoore

Three months since your last comment and as I can see many years since the original post. I hope your team is working hard on this!

I come from using C4D for years and just paid for a year subscription to Maya LT. I didn't think for a second that I wouldn't be able to use my spacepilot pro. It's a great impediment to my workflow. I've used 3D software for about 15 years and have always found using the regular mouse to be cumbersome and lacking that intuitive ease of use that I finally found with a 3D mouse. I've been able to tumble (bad joke?) through with a mouse in maya lt, thus far. However, it can be frustrating and leaves me wanting to move to other packages to get things done faster.

So please add me to the ever growing list of people that would love support for these devices. 

Message 38 of 46
ExoForge
in reply to: brianofmoore

Hi!
There was a lot of angry comment few months back, what are suddenly disappeared.

Now that's a hotfix!

..Shame.

Try Modo Indie my friend. I'm done with maya LT.
Message 39 of 46
jaimi

Disappointed that 3d mice are not supported. Are you all still working on this?

Message 40 of 46
domen.kozelj
in reply to: jaimi

I'd like support for this as well. It baffles the mind that It's still excluded...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report