Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Guy Introduction

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
340 Views, 6 Replies

New Guy Introduction

Hi all!

My name is Coray Seifert. I just started working with the fine folks at Autodesk in the games group. I've been making games using various Autodesk products for a little over 10 years and I'm super excited to work with the Autodesk team to make all of our products even better!

So, what do you guys do? Anyone 'round these parts working on games? What are the problems you guys are facing/working on these days? Any relevant memes I should be aware of on these boards? 🙂

Looking forward to meeting and chatting with everyone!

Cheers,

Coray

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
paulkind
in reply to: Anonymous

Hiya Coray,

Welcome to the boards!

Paul

Areas of Expertise - MayaLT : Mudbox : 3DS Max : Inventor : Game Dev
Follow me on Twitter : @paulkind3d

Please remember to give kudos freely and mark acceptable answers as solved!

PLEASE do not send me private messages unless asked to do so. If you have a question, start a thread, and ask me on the public forums where answering your question may help others.

Did you know there was a YouTube learning channel for Autodesk Games? New videos are posted regularly with all sorts of content relative to Stingray, Maya/MayaLT, 3DS Max, and other game related tools. Get your game on @ https://www.youtube.com/user/autodeskgameshowtos
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: paulkind

Hey, I know that guy! Howdy Paul.

Out of curiosity, you working on anything cool these days? 🙂
Message 4 of 7
paulkind

I've got a personal project (game) Im slowly getting a team together for, also just got done making a bunch of asteroids for a different game as well.  Check out my twitter feed, its usually the most up-to-date feed I keep.

I posted about my "4 asteroids in 48 hours" marathon just this weekend.  Used only Mudbox & MayaLT for creation.  Check it out...

https://twitter.com/PaulKind3D

The news page on my site also keeps a more tabluated list of projects.

kindesigns.com

Do you have a twitter?

PLEASE do not send me private messages unless asked to do so. If you have a question, start a thread, and ask me on the public forums where answering your question may help others.

Did you know there was a YouTube learning channel for Autodesk Games? New videos are posted regularly with all sorts of content relative to Stingray, Maya/MayaLT, 3DS Max, and other game related tools. Get your game on @ https://www.youtube.com/user/autodeskgameshowtos
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Nice! Awesome stuff dude. Just noticed that you did some stuff on Ravaged. Love the look that game had. Good deal brother!

I'm www.twitter.com/SeifertC, though I don't have quite as many pretty pictures 🙂
Message 6 of 7
paulkind

Yea, that was basically my switchover to games.  I had been a 3d artist working in multimedia mostly.  I was working with various differnt tools but never had the need for really understanding firmly the idea of optimized assets.  Doing things like detail transfers and normal mapping techniques were so foreign to me i bately knew which way was up.  I had some great influncers in the development that spent the time to show me the ropes and learn as I went.  Now it appeears all I do is make assets and am all the happer for it.  Game dev is where its at.  Very rewarding process.  It has its challenges but its very rewarding.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Amen! Can't imagine working in any other industry!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report