Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya LT won't start, i need help!

28 REPLIES 28
Message 1 of 29
DanR999
2149 Views, 28 Replies

Maya LT won't start, i need help!

Hi, just bought and downloaded Maya LT from steam. But when i start the software it opens the Maya splash art saying loading and then the splash screen disapear and nothing happens...
I tried a lot of stuff, but nothing seems to work. Maya LT just won't open at all in my system...
I have a decent hardware, so i believe it's a software based issue.
Appreciate any help! 
________
Windows 7 ultimate Service Pack 1
i7 3770
16gb RAM
gtx680
28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29
paulkind
in reply to: DanR999

Hey Pal,

Ok, there are a few steps you can take.  Here is how I would go about it in order of easiest to hardest.  Each one has a chance of successfully fixing your problems.  If you go through them all and it still fails to work, let me know and we can investigate some more.

1. Trash those preferences...  This is easy and could be the problem.  SOmetimes preferences get built wrong or a file can be corrupted.  To do this go to your file explorer (assuming your on a pc) and navigate as follows.

Computer > C Drive > Users > "Your User Name" > My Documents > Maya then delete the 2015LT Folder (or rename it).

Once complete start up MayaLT, see if it fixed the issue.

2. If that didnt fix the problem (which im hoping it did), then you have to go to the steam interface.  From there goto the library tab and drop down to "software".  You should see MayaLT on the list.  From there right click on MayaLT and goto the properties menu item. Once properties are open, click the "locl files" tab.  Next you will click the "verify integrity of Application Cache".

3. If that didnt find any problems, or you still cant run the software, you may have to redownload.  Simply click the "Delete Local Application Content" from that same menu.  Once deleted, close the properties menu.  In your list of software, right click on MayaLT and tell it to download/install. 

Hopefully one of those three fixes your problem.  Sometimes files get correputed either in creation or in transferral and can cause issues.  Most likely one of these 3 things will fix it.  Good luck.

Areas of Expertise - MayaLT : Mudbox : 3DS Max : Inventor : Game Dev
Follow me on Twitter : @paulkind3d

Please remember to give kudos freely and mark acceptable answers as solved!

PLEASE do not send me private messages unless asked to do so. If you have a question, start a thread, and ask me on the public forums where answering your question may help others.

Did you know there was a YouTube learning channel for Autodesk Games? New videos are posted regularly with all sorts of content relative to Stingray, Maya/MayaLT, 3DS Max, and other game related tools. Get your game on @ https://www.youtube.com/user/autodeskgameshowtos
Message 3 of 29
DanR999
in reply to: paulkind

Thanks for your reply paulkind!

But unfortunately i've already tried those 3 steps, and still nothing happens. And i can't even say it's a crash, because like a said...nothing happens after the Maya splash art.

The strange thing is that any software runs in my system, everything works perfectly in my system but this Maya sofware.

If i would make a opinion about what's going on, i would say it's missing a requirement installation, like a service pack or system patch. But at the same time, all the software and games i got runs like a charm. So it's confusing for me to understand what's going on.

I need to use the sofware as fast as i can, btw it's already counting the subscription time which is ridiculous... 😞

Message 4 of 29
paulkind

Hrm, that is strange.  Ill continue to keep working on it but im not having this issue.  I just spoke with someone else with a Mac hang a similar problem.  Ill check and see what I can do but im likely to only be able to reply/resolve tomorrow.

Are you on a Mac?

PLEASE do not send me private messages unless asked to do so. If you have a question, start a thread, and ask me on the public forums where answering your question may help others.

Did you know there was a YouTube learning channel for Autodesk Games? New videos are posted regularly with all sorts of content relative to Stingray, Maya/MayaLT, 3DS Max, and other game related tools. Get your game on @ https://www.youtube.com/user/autodeskgameshowtos
Message 5 of 29
DanR999

It's ok, i appreciate your time and help.

I'm sure it's a really odd issue.

Running on Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit Service Pack 1

Message 6 of 29
will.resendes

I was reading this and wonder....

If you start task manager and keep it open, start maya, do you see the process even start? Or does it start and just end. I had a program that did that once and found out my security software was causing the issue. Just a thought.
Message 7 of 29
DanR999
in reply to: will.resendes

Good point!

Yes, in the task manager it pops up in the process as well in the apllications tab for 1 second before it disappears.

In the apllications tab it shows the "Maya LT" and "output window", but like i said just for a second.

I did disabled my anti-virus and firewall to give another try but still nothing happens.

Message 8 of 29
will.resendes

That is interesting. Not sure if you tried this or not but have you tried installing it without your antivirus/firewall running? Also if you don't mind me asking which security apps are you running?
Message 9 of 29
DanR999
in reply to: will.resendes

Well i'm using "Avast! Anti-virus" and the windows firewall.

I'll give that a shot.

Message 10 of 29
smithnigeldude

I am also having that problem in starting MayaLT.....I got it also from steam and my mac will not open it....I have tried all the steps and still no result

Message 11 of 29
paulkind
in reply to: smithnigeldude

Hey Guys, Sit tight.  We are looking into a solution and possible causes.  Just wanted to let you all know you were not waiting in limbo.

Message 12 of 29
DanR999

Thank you paulkind!

I'm really grateful!

I hope for the best, i'm so excited about working with Maya...

Message 13 of 29
matthew.carpenter

Hi,

On our systems we were unable to reproduce this. We have a gtx680 in inventory to test with the latest drivers and Maya LT on steam started fine.

Although this is not an officially certified card I would not expect to see the behavior you are currently seeing. Can you ensure that your drivers are up to date and that there is no driver setting/optimization that could be affecting the Maya LT process from connecting to the GPU. Your bios/motherboard could also have some type of GPU or power save setting which could be attempting to optimize power consumption and in effect disable the GPU. We have seen an issue in the past on certain laptops which did this.

I mention the driver as a first step, as on another system I have which is a virtual machine with a real GPU assigned. After removing the GPU and going into software render mode Maya LT behaved the way you described.

Let us know your progress.

steam_gtx 680.jpg

Message 14 of 29
DanR999
in reply to: matthew.carpenter

I tried...tried and tried everything today and nothing.

Well, i'll make a deeper test next days. Besides trying in some other systems, i'm gonna also install the same OS i'm using in a new hard drive, and test it in this computer to see if Maya will start using the same hardware with a fresh hd/non corrupted OS.

Message 15 of 29
paulkind

Just to check some probably a silly details...
have you restarted your computer? This can often fix the most stubborn of glitches.
Are sure steam is up and running? (Steam must be on while MayaLT is on)

Forgive the questions, just doing due diligence.

Matthew, do note there are 2 cases here. 1 is a Mac, another a PC, both exhibiting similar problems... Won't start. Just don't want SmithNigelDude to get lost in the mix.

Message 16 of 29
paulkind

SmithNigelDude what Mac are you running? Specs would help.
Model, ram, video card.

Message 17 of 29
paulkind

DanR, can you try this? I did a search on avast steam problems and found this.

Open up Avast!
Click "Real-Time Shields"
Click File System Shield
Press "Expert Settings"
Click the Tab that says "Exclusions"
Add Steam Directory (Eg: J://Steam or C://Program Files/ Steam. Or Use the browse function)

Paul

Message 18 of 29
paulkind

One more thing to try...
Go to your steam folder and right click on the exe and check off "run as administrator". Also you can try running in a different compatibility mode. Hope one of these does the trick. Kind of grasping at straws since I can't actually diagnose the issue.

Message 19 of 29
paulkind

Hey Dan, if you figured out your issue, please do post your solution.  I for one would be interested in what the problem is/was.

Message 20 of 29
paulkind
in reply to: smithnigeldude

Hey SmithNigelDude,

Im sorry to ask you to jump through one more hoop.  Can you create a new topic specific to your problem.  I feel your issue is not the same as Dans problem (though similar) because you are on the Mac platform and Dan is on the PC.  Whatever the prolem may be it is unlikely the solutions will be the same.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report