Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya LT rendering?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
barana
20538 Views, 15 Replies

Maya LT rendering?

A while ago I downloaded Maya LT, and I'm leaarning how to use it. I was playing with lighting and found I can't find the render bar. I don't think Maya LT supports rendering, if it doesn't, is it essential to creating fly-through scenes, is it worth downloading the other Maya?

Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
dongyfeng
in reply to: barana

In main menu, Window -> Playblast.  This is all you needed.

Message 3 of 16
MASTERIO_SASH
in reply to: dongyfeng

wer is render window in maya lt to render a camera frame

Message 4 of 16
remimcgill
in reply to: MASTERIO_SASH

Hi there, Maya LT doesn't support the traditional software rendering Maya has, If you need to do movies or images I suggest setting up the materials you want in the viewport and using Playblast to create large images or movies.

Thanks,

Remi

Message 5 of 16
1989dhamo
in reply to: remimcgill

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there, Maya LT doesn't support the traditional software rendering Maya has, If you need to do movies or images I suggest setting up the materials you want in the viewport and using Playblast to create large images or movies.

Thanks,

Remi

thanks.Is there any material options like lambart, Blinn.

Spoiler

Message 6 of 16
rosevfx
in reply to: 1989dhamo

This is beyond ridiculous. Seriously? Asking money for a 3D software that doesn't render?

Message 7 of 16
liquid594
in reply to: rosevfx

Yeah i thought that was some bull****...wasted like 3hrs trying to find it only to find this out. Not happy.

Message 8 of 16
duttyfoot
in reply to: rosevfx

this cut down version of maya is made for game design which is why the renderer was taken out.

Message 9 of 16
duttyfoot
in reply to: liquid594

i don't mean to be rude but they have a comparison page that shows the difference between full blown maya and maya lt. are you trying to tell me you didn't look at the difference before purchasing the app?

Message 10 of 16
McKenzied88
in reply to: duttyfoot

Disregard.

Message 11 of 16
liquid594
in reply to: McKenzied88

I "Managed" to get the full version of software... I mean the number of
people that would be upset that the main render feature is taken out in
certainly over 9000.. No need for luck when you got skillz.. Cheers!😉:hot_beverage::hatching_chick:
Message 12 of 16
dimeolas
in reply to: liquid594

..ok so no render engine but is there a hypershade where one can assign materials and then run a playblast to check? Then maybe render in the free renderman. Please indulge but for the Indie developer do they just texture in the game engine and use Maya LT to model?  Just became unemployed so cant be spending alot of money.

Thanks

Message 13 of 16
sir.seko
in reply to: dimeolas

Yes, there is Hypershade where you can create your materials and yes, it has Playblast too. Don't think you can have Renderman run with it though.

@dimeolas wrote:

..ok so no render engine but is there a hypershade where one can assign materials and then run a playblast to check? Then maybe render in the free renderman. Please indulge but for the Indie developer do they just texture in the game engine and use Maya LT to model?  Just became unemployed so cant be spending alot of money.

Thanks

Message 14 of 16
adillingham666
in reply to: dongyfeng

Thx so much!!

Message 15 of 16
remonjploeg
in reply to: duttyfoot

What if you want to make texture assets like for example with a normal lighting rig to render stamps with Maya Software renderer to use in Substance for instance. This is part of producing games as well. I mean, I understand Arnold doesn't come with it. But not to include the Maya Software renderer is indeed ridiculous!

I was thinking about buying Maya LT after my study ends in September to do some work for myself. But if there is no Internal render thing to do this except for baking textures with Turtle, I think I will have to find some other solution here. 

Shame!

Message 16 of 16
gpmail1
in reply to: remonjploeg

No rendering at all?  Playblast is a joke for anyone interested in textures, lighting or effects!  I guess all my stuff will have to be exported out as Objs so I can find the end of the pipeline elsewhere.

What is next, the inability to set keyframes!  Limit of 800x600 on texture size?  Limited to FK only?  How about only one light, or a polycount of 500?  SMH!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report