Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya LT 2014 Extension 2 now available

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
matthew.carpenter
2449 Views, 13 Replies

Maya LT 2014 Extension 2 now available

Hi,

In recent forum posts there were questions and comments about Scripting ability, HIK mirroring, and IK Handle options with the joint tool.

This is a perfect opportunity to mention that Extension 2 for Maya LT 2014 is now available on subscription center.

High level, Extension 2 introduces the following features to Maya LT:

MEL Scripting
Extension 2 for Maya LT 2014 adds support for Maya Embedded Language (MEL) scripting. MEL is a scripting language within Maya LT that helps users simplify repetitive or complex tasks and facilitates sharing workflows with team members. Using the built-in Script Editor, users do not need to spend time manually writing their script. While using tools in Maya LT the Script Editor displays the corresponding commands in MEL script, which can be customized to achieve a specific, repeatable result by the artist. To make scripts easier to use in an everyday workflow, they can be saved and turned into customized parts of the Maya LT UI through Shelf buttons, Hotkeys, or Marking Menus.

HumanIK and IK Handle Animation
Extension 2 helps improve the workflow for animating characters with Maya LT 2014. The new IK handle and Pole Vector constraint allow you to create IK on a bone structure.  Mirroring of the HumanIK skeletal rig helps provide a faster way to build a symmetric human skeleton. The new animation re-targeting tool lets animators create an animation on one character and then re-purpose that animation for another character skeleton with different proportions, making it much faster to animate and transfer information between characters.

New Export Options
Artists can now export their 3D assets from Maya LT in the OBJ file format. OBJ export helps artists use content created in Maya LT with a greater variety of tools and game engines.

For those not already familiar with those features there are some great YouTube videos to get you started:

MEL Scripting Features - http://autode.sk/1cXfvNC

MEL Scripting Tutorial - http://autode.sk/1cY2PGg

HumanIK Animation Tools - http://autode.sk/1cXfIjT

If you want to know more about the Extension 2 features, or just about Maya LT in general, please visit the Maya LT Feature page on the AREA at - http://area.autodesk.com/mayalt

Cheers

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: matthew.carpenter

Can the people with the student version get ext 2?

Message 3 of 14
matthew.carpenter
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I followed up with your question to the educational department.  At this time extension releases are only available to customers on Subscription or Rental.

-matt

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

And what about people that are not Subscriebed but bought the Maya LT 2014 ?  Can we get the extention 2 and if yes from where?

Message 5 of 14
D2GRS

So I came to the board after installing my paid version of Maya LT to figure out how to get the Extension 2 installed and I find this...DOH!!!!!!!!!!

Ouch... *only* for rental/subscriptions?!?   I bought this a few days ago because I read of the extension 2 updates...didn't expect it to be segregated.

Message 6 of 14
D2GRS
in reply to: D2GRS

hmm ok clicking around I see that *Subscription* option was available from Autodesk Online store.  I orginally purchased my version as a download from Amazon lol, no mention of subscription either, is it possible to add a subscription if bought elsewhere?

I know contact the subscription dept is probably the answer ;x

Message 7 of 14
D2GRS

I've just tried and add shopping cart of Perpetual license with Subscription and edit cart remove Maya LT, leaving only the 1 year subscription for $120+tax, no error message during this process and completed purchased went through.

So next problem of course is subscription is still not recognized on login/recognizing my SN#.  I did add my account username during the purchase.  My Account shows my licensed Maya 2014 LT activated, figured there would be a glitch doing this piece-meal lol, did see somewhere about not getting back into subscription if after so many XX days or something. 

Waiting on word from the subscription dept/customer support if this was even applicable.

*sorry if this is thread jacking* but I seriously bought this program because of reading about the Extension 2 features. 

Message 8 of 14
matthew.carpenter

Hi,

I am not familiar with how purchases work in detail with Amazon.

However with your purchase you received a serial number.  From that point any reseller in your geography, should be able to sell subscription separately to you  (the reseller should have all the details for you, and  if this is possible to combine with your amazon purchase).   Since it seems like your already initiated contact with the subscription department, wait a bit and see what they come back with.  Let us know how you make out.  Cheers.

-matt

Message 9 of 14

Where's the download for a Maya LT 2014 renter?  Thanks!:D

Message 10 of 14

You can find the primary download links in your account portal on – manage.autodesk.com

There is a section for products and services which are associated to your account.

You will also the latest product updates and downloads from the subscription portal at – subscription.autodesk.com

Message 11 of 14

Thanks Matthew, but in trying the subscription both my username and password aren't recognized.  Any chance this can be fixed?  Thanks again!:D

Message 12 of 14
miJmitoo
in reply to: miJmitoo

Done and working ty!:D
Message 13 of 14

The addition of Mel scripting makes Maya LT a possible option for Me.  However,  is it safe to assume that Python scripting is NOT supported at this time?  That is what I would need for this to be a real option.

Message 14 of 14
remimcgill
in reply to: miJmitoo

Hi , Thanks for the enquiry, yes that is correct, Python Scripting is not supported in MayaLT 2014 Extension 2.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report