Community
Maya LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBX file won't import into Maya

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1866 Views, 1 Reply

FBX file won't import into Maya

I exported an FBX from Google Sketchup Pro and used the import window to import it into maya - it returns the following 

The plug-in has detected mesh nodes containing polygons with overlapping vertices.The following objects have been automatically cleaned up:

Mesh12

Mesh14

Mesh16

Then I close the warning and nothing appears. 

I can view it in FBX previewer so I know its not a file issue. 

Help! 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
paulkind
in reply to: Anonymous

My bet is that google sketch up is outputting a more or less unuseable file.  Are there any options in Sketch Up that allow you to determine how you want the object exported?  You may want to see if it can export a OBJ file also.  SOmetimes OBJ is more reliable (but does not carry the wealth of information a FBX can carry.  OBJ is akin to a JPG (simple reliable format) where as FBX is like PDF (Complicated format but much more powerful).

Areas of Expertise - MayaLT : Mudbox : 3DS Max : Inventor : Game Dev
Follow me on Twitter : @paulkind3d

Please remember to give kudos freely and mark acceptable answers as solved!

PLEASE do not send me private messages unless asked to do so. If you have a question, start a thread, and ask me on the public forums where answering your question may help others.

Did you know there was a YouTube learning channel for Autodesk Games? New videos are posted regularly with all sorts of content relative to Stingray, Maya/MayaLT, 3DS Max, and other game related tools. Get your game on @ https://www.youtube.com/user/autodeskgameshowtos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report