Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wacom Bamboo Maya 2015 problem.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
kanga007
1627 Views, 14 Replies

Wacom Bamboo Maya 2015 problem.

Windows 8.1 64bit

Nvidia geforce GTS 250

I am having problems with the Maya 2015 UI. The viewports work ok but sliders and number fields in the interface itself are unresponsive to my pen. Mid mouse doesnt work in the number fields as it did in 2014.

Any advice on this would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
antoinedk
in reply to: kanga007

Hi,

Have you found a solution to this issue?

I have exactly the same problem working with an Intuos 5. I installed the lastest drivers and tried with three different Intuos 5, each time the same issue, really annoying.

Windows 7 64bits

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670

Message 3 of 15
kanga007
in reply to: antoinedk

Hi antoinedk

No no solution yet. I installed SP2 but still no luck getting the wacom to work with Maya 2015. I also updated my drivers and turned off the interactive windows option under mapping, still no cigar 😞 My video card might be too old also, its an nvidia gts 250. Its not unusual for hardware to work perfectly on an older version of an application and with one year difference suddenly loose functionality. Sometimes you just hit a wall.

Let me know if you find a solution.

Thanks

Message 4 of 15
JJChalupnik

So I've discovered a bit more about this.  I'm using an Intuos 4 at work and my drivers are also up to date.  Haven't had any issues with prior maya versions and this problem.  Basically what I've discovered is that it works fine, but for menu items, text fields, scroll bars, etc... I have to move my cursor as far right as possible and still be on the item.  It becomes really really annoying when using scroll bars and other, more vertical oriented items. 

It may have to do with Maya's old cursor.  I believe it use to have a small square outline at the tip of the arrow, which may be what Maya is actually "looking" for when you click. Although I don't know how relevant this could be because my mouse works just fine.

A strange bug for sure.  Anywone from Autodesk reading this?

--

"The enemy of art is the absence of limitations."
-Orson Welles

Portfolio | jjchalupnik.com
Message 5 of 15
kanga007
in reply to: JJChalupnik

I havent done a Maya job in a while so I have let this fall.

Where it would get interesting is if people are having this problem and are using certified hardware, like the recommended graphics card setups, if so then it would be a bug, if not then it would mean a trip to the shop! 🙂

Message 6 of 15
antoinedk

Hey guys,

I may found a solution, it is actually a Wacom issue, no problem with Maya. On my side turning off the 'Tip Double Click Distance' setting solved the problem for good, I just have some little issue now with the double click but it is minor.

It seams that the tablet was anticipating a double click sometime and move the cursor back to its previous position ! Resulting in those small jumps, vibrations or whatever it looked like...

Hope this can help !

Message 7 of 15
kanga007

Hey thanks for the tip.

I have a bamboo and i cant set the tip double click distance off, just to small. The control panel doesnt allow the option and I haven found anything in the registry. Just set it to small. No change, big no change.

Cheers

Message 8 of 15
stezzaboy

It must have something to do with your system as I have an intuos ctl-480 and I can confirm that it does work fine with Maya 2015 on windows x64 pro. Once I got rid of the droplet effect it works just as my old Bamboo. They do work together so is it an issue with Mac or PC?

Message 9 of 15
kanga007
in reply to: stezzaboy

My system in win 8.1 64bit.

You said you turned off double click distance. How did you do it? That may be where I am going wrong.

Message 10 of 15
antoinedk

I don't know for Windows 8. In Windows 7 you have to go to the Control
Panel, Wacom Tablet Properties and you move the Tip Double Click Distance
slider to the Left to turn it off.
Message 11 of 15
kanga007

Ah thanks, yeah did that and no change, the Maya menu sliders still dont respond. Still have the mouse though 🙂

Message 12 of 15
JJChalupnik

Double click distance set to off worked for me too.  So is it a Maya issue, a Wacom issue or both?  I wouldn't be surprised if it was Wacom.  I always feel like there drivers are breaking.

Anywho.  Thanks for the share!  It's working for me now.  Hopefully I won't miss the double click distance feature.

Cheers!

-JJ

--

"The enemy of art is the absence of limitations."
-Orson Welles

Portfolio | jjchalupnik.com
Message 13 of 15
mdaday

Thank you for this solve.  I was having similar issues to everyone else.  Turning off the Tip Double Click Distance solved it instantly.

Matt

Message 14 of 15
cgtroll

Turning off Tip Double Click Distance did not work for me. What I have found though is that if I uninstall Mudbox and reinstall it and never open the Wacom Utility app, Mudbox works fine with my Intous4. If I ever launch the Wacom utility app, Mudbox starts acting up. Have sendt Wacom an email as I think it is a Wacom issue too. I have a Macbook Pro and I don't have any issues with it.

Message 15 of 15
whoopass01

Sliding the Wacom Tablet Property, "Double Click Distance" to the left (to turn it off) fixed this problem for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report