Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not saving preferences in 2015...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
RickFalck
1736 Views, 2 Replies

Not saving preferences in 2015...

maya 2015 seems to reset my preferences (working units) everytime i exit. Even after file>save preferences. I am always reset back to centemeters, etc. why?

I tried deleting the userprefs.mel and starting over, but to no avail. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Karen.Snow
in reply to: RickFalck

Hello,

Some preferences are saved to the Scene and not to all Maya sessions. In this case, the Working Units is one of them.

Working Units lets you specify the default working units for new scenes. You can set this in the Maya Preferences, or in the File > New Scene options. Once this is set you can save the file, and the file will hold that value. Whenever this file is opened, no matter the current Maya sessions values, it will revert to the saved setting.

For example, if you have a file set to Meters and save it, then open a new Maya session which reverts to CM, the file will open and it will revert the setting back to Meters.

I hope this answers your question.

Cheers,

Karen

Karen Snow
Message 3 of 3
hackney
in reply to: Karen.Snow

I have to say it's this kind of deranged UI design that has kept me from learning Maya until the very last moment, namely murdering soft. 

Why? Why have two places to set FPS. I could well be stupid but what purpose does it serve to have a preferences window and then ignore scene units when i restart the software. I really don't wanrt to be the grumpy xsi evangelist, i know maya is used to do some great work albeit heavily customised by the large houses, so i can only hope the humaize maya project does what it supposed to.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report