Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 and Maya 2014 open at same time?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
maiahnny
847 Views, 8 Replies

Maya 2015 and Maya 2014 open at same time?

hello 

anybody know, how I could open Maya 2015 and 2014 in same time? They are both in Applications and for not beeing overwritten I put the old Mayas in folders. 

With Maya 2013 it's no problem to open in same time, but 2014 has lost mr. Surely the path is disturbed. The same, when I put 2015 in a folder, mr can't find the way.

Any ideas, how to use 2014 and 2015 in same time?

Thank you.Smiley Happy

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
tony.su
in reply to: maiahnny

Your question confused meSmiley Surprised

If you want launch maya2014 and maya2015, you should click Maya 2014 and then click 2015.Screen Shot.jpg

Tony Su
Product Support
Message 3 of 9
maiahnny

Thanks a lot Tony for your reply.Smiley Happy

As you show with your picture I did too with Maya 14 and Maya 13. But with Maya 15 it doesn't work, as I wote Mr get lost.

In Maya 14 and Maya 15 folder, MentalRay Folder is separat. When I am putting the Mayas in Application folder, I am putting them in an additional folder for they don't  overwrite. The one (in my case Maya 15, which has no additional folder opens with Mr, the other Maya 14 not. I can change this, but at moment didn't find out, how I have to arrange them in Application folder for Mr finds its way. (didn't try with different names, just thriew Maya15 again out for continuing my work.)

Message 4 of 9
tony.su

I don't understand what your mean - mr lost.

I can launch 2014 and 2015 at same time on mac os 10.8.5.

I installed Maya 2014 sp4.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-maya-2014-servi...

and Maya 2015 sp2

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-maya-2015-servi...

Screen Shot 2014-07-10 at 2.45.36 PM.png 

Tony Su
Product Support
Message 5 of 9
maiahnny
in reply to: tony.su

Surely it's a simple organisation problem.

Opening Maya 2014 and Maya 2015 isn't really the probelm, but when I have put Maya 2014 in an additional folder for not beeing overwritten, I can't find MentalRay under Window/Settings-Preferences/Plug-in Manager.

I discovered, when I wanted to open an old scene with MentalRay in Maya 2014, which was in an additional folder: Script Editor says

// Warning: file: /Applications/autodesk14/Autodesk/maya2014/Maya.app/Contents/scripts/others/supportRenderers.mel line 78: The renderer "mentalRay" used by this scene, is not currently available. The Maya Software renderer will be used instead. // 

So my question should be, how did you organize your Mayafolders in Applicationfolder for they don't get overwritten. Smiley Embarassed

Message 6 of 9
tony.su

My suggestion is - after installed autodesk software, organize the launchpad. It'll easyer.

Screen Shot 2014-07-11 at 10.04.08 AM.png

Tony Su
Product Support
Message 7 of 9
maiahnny

Thanks a lot Tony Su. Smiley Happy I will try this solution, didn't before.

Is what I can see on your picture "organizing launchpad"? Sorry, my Englisch is bad. And "Adim" and "Synergy" are for both version exactly the same?

Message 8 of 9
tony.su

After you install maya 2014 and 2015, there are 8 folders in Autodesk folder, include maya2014, maya2015, mentalrayformaya2014 and mentalrayformaya2015 .

I don't understand why you want to change those folders name.

BTW, this is Launchpad. you can use it to launch your software.

launchpad.jpg

Tony Su
Product Support
Message 9 of 9
maiahnny

It works! Wonderful! Thank you Tony Su.

For AdIm and Synergy are overwritten, I didn't think to this solution. Yes, if that doesn't matter, it's the simpliest thing to install new Mayas.

I am new on MountainLion (had SnowLeopard before), didn't have the time to inspect these new programs, sorry.

Maia

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report