Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where has my interface gone? Maya 2014

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Globalnic88
2397 Views, 8 Replies

Where has my interface gone? Maya 2014

Hi all, 

I have just installed maya 2014, (for the second time, i.e. I have previosly downloaded maya on my cpu) and this time round I have run into a problem. My interface isn't showing and without it, it tends to be a bit useless.. Trying working on maya with no interface and only a menu bar! So in re to this issue, I have read the other two posts about this, but alas with no hope; one of them mentions 'nvidia gelato' being the "culprit and other has no reply, leaving me wanting a chocolate gelato for comfort... Anyone's help would be appreciated, at this stage (being my last restort) I am tempted to leave my phone number, address and contact details.. Help please..Thanks, 

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
n8skow
in reply to: Globalnic88

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Does holding down the spacebar allow you to access Hotbox?

Message 3 of 9
Globalnic88

When I press the space bar, I can see the menu bar, it just wont respond to anything else I click; e.g perspective views. 

maya_no interface.jpeg

Message 4 of 9
n8skow

Do you (or did you) have multiple monitors hooked up to this machine?

Message 5 of 9
Globalnic88

Yes I did.. (when I first used maya, so not on the most recent version thats been downloaded. 

Message 6 of 9
Anifex09

Just open up  (/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2014-x64/prefs/windowPrefs.mel) with something like textedit.  Go through and change the windows position values to something smaller or just 0

Message 7 of 9
tdHendrix

I noticed you were using Mac. I just started using Maya on Mac and one time I had the same problem as you and thought my Maya window disappeared, but the main Maya window was just minimized onto the dock.

If that's not the case then Maya might be still trying to position the window on the 2nd monitor that you had so maybe that's why it's not showing up.

Whenever that happened to me what I did to fix it is to go to Window->Settings/Preferences->Preferences and click on the Interface category on the left side. Then uncheck the option that says Window: Remember size and position. Click the save button and restart Maya.

If the window still being on the 2nd monitor was the problem that should fix it.

Greg Hendrix - Senior Technical Animator
LinkedIn : Twitter
Message 8 of 9
Globalnic88
in reply to: tdHendrix

So it's all fixed now..One less stress, though I can't believe how it was all so simple,

Thanks to all, 

Message 9 of 9

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report