Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous project editing over a network?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1244 Views, 2 Replies

Simultaneous project editing over a network?

Would it be possible to have multiple people work in the same Maya scene simultaneously? I was thinking something along the lines of two people on separate computers working on a character for instance, one person modeling the head, the other working on the torso, etc; all of this being done in real time. Is there anything out there (Maya plugin or even some other program) that would allow this? I don't imagine this being very practical for a normal work environment, but it would be a fun way to collaborate and create something faster. Or more likely, it would cause you to hate your colleague all that much quicker. Smiley LOL

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Is this even the right place to be posting this?

Message 3 of 3
bounasra
in reply to: Anonymous

Sure Bro...you can do it...just by sharing a local drive on your network between the two computer...and everyone works on a part of the object the in the end you will import the project using "reference editor"...but you can't work in the same scene at the same time......wait the other members for detailed explanation...
sorry for my bad english 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report