Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Packs 1-4

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
738 Views, 2 Replies

Service Packs 1-4

Hi,

I discovered the Service Packs 1-4 for Maya 2014 and I’ve only got some questions regarding the packs after installation:

1. Is it correct, that the new complete size of disc space of Maya 2014 after installation now is 4.5 GB approximately?

2. Service Pack 1 – when I opened/started the file, I noticed, that the file was   INSTALLING   files – so I’ve chosen as the target folder ..\program files\Maya2014 – is that correct?

Is this also correct for the files mental_ray_Satellite_3_11_1_for_Autodesk_2014_English_Win_64bit

and

mental_ray_Standalone_3_11_1_for_Autodesk_2014_English_Win_64bit

?

3. Service Packs 2-4 – this packages first   EXTRACTED   files in one certain folder I’ve given, and from that they automatically run the installation routine, is that correct?

Many thanks to all answers!!!!

Best regards here from Berlin

André

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

from the Maya 2014 Service Pack 4 read me

• This service pack is a full product installation on all operating systems.
Uninstall your existing Maya application before installing this release.

This service pack includes all of the fixes from releases that preceded it.
Therefore, you do not need to download and install all of the releases in
addition to this service pack. For information on previous releases, see: www.autodesk.com/maya-releasenotes.

you can't install all 4 service packs on 1 machine you can only install 1 of them

i can't speak about the mental ray installs

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi Darren,
thanks for your answer - you helped me alot. So in order to that and if I understood your right, I have only to deinsallt Maya 2014 and install the SP 4 instead finally.
Best regards,
André

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report