Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya "send to Mudbox" Crashes Maya. Any possible fix?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
cyrudoo
842 Views, 5 Replies

Maya "send to Mudbox" Crashes Maya. Any possible fix?

Maya 2015 and Mudbox 2015

Whenever I use the send-to command from Maya to Mudbox, Maya will crash. Same if i go from mudbox to maya.

Happens with a simple sphere, plane, anything. I can model and sculpt fine. I simply cannot send-to though which is the biggest factor of why id like to ditch zbrush and move to mudbox (i just like the way mudbox feels). 

So any possible fix? 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
halfstone
in reply to: cyrudoo

does it crash, or just hang?  

Maya has two plug-ins, both located in Window->Settings/Preferences -> Plug-in Manager; one is called "objExport.mll" and the other is "fbxmaya.mll"

Mudbox uses these two file formats, and I've noticed that the "send to Mudbox" hangs Maya if these aren't loaded.  As a workaround, you can always export to fbx or obj, then open them up in Mudbox independently.  It's not a direct transfer, but it's an option. 

Message 3 of 6
cyrudoo
in reply to: halfstone

No sir it crashes. A crash as in "an unknown error has occurred sorry" and shuts down crash. It appears no matter which program im sending from either maya or mudbox.

Both of those plugins are on, autoloaded.
Message 4 of 6
halfstone

Sounds lilke an installation/configuration issue then.  Sight unseen, I'd check out the graphics card first - you may want to look up the cards that are listed as compatible and those that have known issues, but that's just where I'd start.  Maybe someone from Autodesk will see this post and be able to give you more insight. 

Sorry I can't be of more help. 

Message 5 of 6
cyrudoo
in reply to: halfstone

Whats weird is i re installed mudbox and when i tried to "send to" it just kind of stood at "exporting".. didnt do anything after that. Didnt crash, but it didnt export either.
Message 6 of 6
stezzaboy

Im having the same issue here on Mudbox 2018 and sending to Maya 2018.4.

Crash when using send to option. re installed both and just doesnt work.  Cant even export as fbx FFS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report