Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya license question.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jokeman248
450 Views, 3 Replies

Maya license question.

Hi, so I just finished a game that turned out great but I was bummed that I couldn't sell it since I have student version of maya, so I just put it online for free.

Now I'm planning my next game and this time I want to try selling it so I've been putting off any modeling until I get pro (don't have the money yet)

Basically my question is, if I were to model some things and then get pro later would that mean I'd have to re-model those things? Or is there some way to convert student models into licensed models?

Thanks!

Here's the trailer for my game if your curious (shameless plug) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Zi05vsIS4

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Steve_Curley
in reply to: jokeman248

Putting out a game, free or not, containing content created in a student version is also not permitted. Anyone could "rip" the assets from the game and, potentially, make money from them thus breaking the terms of the student license. You should probably take down the download ASAP.

AFAIK no - the content would have been created in a student version and therefore you would have to recreate it in the commercial version.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 4
radobe76
in reply to: Steve_Curley

If this was true then no school could make any games public.

The person who would use models from that game would actually do this illegally, regardless of any educational or commercial version. I think this case would need to be checked first, I cant imagine you are right on this.

Message 4 of 4
Steve_Curley
in reply to: radobe76

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report