Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya SP2 problem

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
kieran-duggan10
895 Views, 10 Replies

Maya SP2 problem

Hi im using the student version of Maya 2015 and i downloaded the new Service Pack 2 update a few days ago, but now Maya keeps crashing and it no longer renders mental ray. I was wondering has anyone else experience this problem?

Tags (4)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Sorry original thread poster... this is also a error I am reporting...

The SP2 update for Maya 2015 screwed up and refuses to load MentalRay plugin!?!

I do see that MentalrayforMaya2015/plugins/mayatomr.mll is in the right location.  Anyone know how to fix this?

Many of the forums online want me to reinstalll.  ugh

I tried reinstall/repair feature and it still is having issues. So I am fully uninstalling it. 

// Error: line 1: The specified procedure could not be found. (Mayatomr) //

Message 3 of 11

yha ive reinstalled the undate and the same thing keeps coming up 😕

Message 4 of 11
colbtron
in reply to: kieran-duggan10

I'm having a mental ray batch render issue. It only renders a few frames and then seems to stop. I have to keep cancelling and restarting the batch render, moving the frame range up. This makes batch rendering useless as I have to babysit it! I upgraded to SP2 but it didn't fix this problem. I'm on a new Mac Pro. Maya seems to open another version of itself (presumably to render) which appears to crash right away, even though some frames will render. It appears to be poorly executed or a problem with Mavericks or something. I'm hoping someone has fixed this stupid problem as it's making Maya pretty useless to us.

Someone wrote a mel script to try and fix this, but it didn't work that great either. 

Message 5 of 11
wreliford
in reply to: colbtron

Did you install the mental ray update that is separate from the sp2 install?
Message 6 of 11
tirgari
in reply to: wreliford

I have the same problem with MR not loading and giving me error: 

// Error: line 1: The specified procedure could not be found.
(Mayatomr)

How can I know if I have the MR update?  I have the Autodesk App that finds the updates automatically and I just go with that.  Unless the MR update is located somewhere else.

Message 7 of 11
colbtron
in reply to: wreliford

I'm not sure... is there a link you could provide?

Message 8 of 11

Solution for Error: line 1: The specified procedure could not be found. (Mayatomr)
My solution after searching a lot in Internet and copy and paste a lot of dll's and plug in inside of maya was:
Download the MENTAL RAY FOR AUTODESK MAYA 2015 SP4. When I re opened my maya I can active the plug in without the error. http://download.autodesk.com/us/support/files/maya_2015_service_pack_4/mental_ray_for_Autodesk_Maya_...
Note: I guess that first you must to install the maya service pack 4 http://download.autodesk.com/us/support/files/maya_2015_service_pack_4/Autodesk_Maya_2015_SP4_Englis...
 Greetings and I hope that works with you

Message 9 of 11

I must give kudos for responding,  REALLY TOO LATE. I already have sp4. This was an issue when sp2 was the current update and the only one- months ago.  
Hey but thanks anyways. 
Message 10 of 11

Hahaha ok. I share this because this error occurs me yesteday... and I found the solution yesterday too haha. But ok, I only want to share this for future people that googled this 😉

Message 11 of 11

Haha, I do appreciate it though.  🙂 Maya 2015 is still pretty buggy. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report