Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 crashing when selecting camera.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
Pexze
3067 Views, 15 Replies

Maya 2015 crashing when selecting camera.

I have Maya 2015 Student version, and when I create Camera with Aim on the scene which has already some objects after trying to select it Maya crashes without any message except usual buttons close now and debbug.

Also if I put only cameras on and empty scene it works fine but if I put in the same scene any object like a box or anything and try selecting a camera maya just crushes. 

I am using original Windows 8.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this or bypass the problem. Or will I have to get older version untill 2015 gets a fix.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
elisheldon
in reply to: Pexze

100% the same for me. 2015 student version on Win8.1 crashes when selecting a camera. I hope there's a fix!

Message 3 of 16
sethcshort

I'm using the full version (30-day trial) and when I create a Camera+Aim or Camera+Aim+Up -- on an empty scene -- it crashes.

Creating a regular Camera (no aim or up) seems to work. But if I try to convert that camera to either of the other two types -- bam, crash.

Annoying. Expecially when I don't have an "older version" to turn to.

Message 4 of 16
elisheldon
in reply to: elisheldon

Windows Error Report attached (as plaintext), in case that somehow helps 🙂

Message 5 of 16
ted.charlton

Are all your graphics drivers up to date on supported configurations?

Message 6 of 16
elisheldon
in reply to: ted.charlton

This seems to likely be related to the crash described here, as updating to the beta AMD driver (currently 14.7, vs 14.4 stable) resolved both that issue and this issue for me.

Message 7 of 16
MXMAMDMB15

me too, but I have the full maya version, and windows 8.1 too.

Message 8 of 16
MXMAMDMB15

what'syour system specs, I have a windows 8.1 64 bit operating system and every time I try to install the driver it says in compatible, though I followed all the recommended steps, if you can help then I'll appreciate, here is my computer specs in case you needed it :

-AMD A10-5800k APU

-10 GB Ram

-AMD Radeon R7 260x

Message 9 of 16
franczalez

Is there a way to fix this? I have the student version and getting the same issue.
Message 10 of 16
nielsvaes
in reply to: franczalez

Having the same issue. The only workaround I'm using right now is selecting the camera in the Outliner and parenting it to another object. Hide the camera in the scene and select the parent object instead. It's a bit hacky, but does the trick for the moment.
Message 11 of 16
Mishkawy

Hi,

I have the same exact issue.. I don't understand how they are not releasing a fix for this so far.

I think I will be uninstalling this and work on an older version.

If there is a fix please advise.

P.S I am glad I did not purchase it and only working on the trial version.

Thanks,

Kareem

Message 12 of 16
franczalez
in reply to: Mishkawy

2014 works perfect
Message 13 of 16
Pexze
in reply to: franczalez

So much time has passed, sp4 came out and still no fix.
Message 14 of 16
ted.charlton

Please ensure your graphics cards are qualified for maya and the drivers are up to date.

We are unable to reproduce this crash.

Message 15 of 16
Mishkawy

Hi,

Same issue here (Full Maya 2015 version).

My specs:

Ram: 8GB DDR3
Processor: AMD FX-6100 Six-Core Processor 3.30 GHz
Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD6700 (updated)

I hope there is a fix.

Thanks,

Kareem

Message 16 of 16
_wOLVERINe_

The solution or work-around really is to:

Restart your computer.. Yes really!! 

Just restarting Maya after the crash doesn't help.. You have to restart your machine... I seem to run into this problem every once in a while.. While the camera right click would 'suddenly' start crashing Maya.. It wouldn't on another machine..  Restarting seems to have fixed the problem for me.

Cheers,

G!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report