Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 UVeditor problem

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
JakubSporek
1439 Views, 7 Replies

Maya 2015 UVeditor problem

Hi, on maya 2015 running on OSX Mavericks I have this problem:

When trying to open UV Texture editor, I get only grey screen with Polygons and Help menu items, but It doesn't show actual UVeditor and UVs. (screenshot).

UVeditor Problem

I also get this error message: // Error: file: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2015/Maya.app/Contents/scripts/startup/uiRes.mel line 121: displayString identifier "m_texturePanel.kRelaxUVs" does not exist.

Anyone knows what's going on?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JakubSporek
in reply to: JakubSporek

Ok, I have found the problem... it was the Nightshade UV script messing with Maya 2015.

Message 3 of 8
paqart

I am having the exact same problem but don't have Nightshade installed. 

// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2015/scripts/startup/uiRes.mel line 121: displayString identifier "m_texturePanel.kRelaxUVs" does not exist. // 

Also, perhaps you could tell us how you fixed the problem?

AP

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Hello! I've got the same problem after installing Nightshade UvEditor. Even after uninstall that script and reinstall Maya, problem didn't gone. So please. tell us, how did you fix that?

Message 5 of 8
paqart
in reply to: Anonymous

I'll add that I just installed the Maya 2015 SP 3 and the problem remains. I am amazed more people aren't posting about this. I'll have to use Maya 2014 until this is dealt with or just skip 2015 altogether.

AP

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: paqart

Thanks, but I have this problem even after SP3 installed 😞

Message 7 of 8
paqart
in reply to: Anonymous

Just to be clear, I'm not replying to you. I haven't got this problem solved either, so I'm asking the person who did solve it to return to the board and tell us what he did. His comment about Nightshade didn't have enough detail to use it.

AP

Message 8 of 8
JakubSporek
in reply to: paqart

Hey Guys, I just uninstalled Nightshade UV script and the problem was gone... It was messing with the new version of Maya.

If this didn't help you, try to uninstall any other UV editor modifications sripts you might have installed. Other than that, I'm out of ideas... Hope this will help.

Cheers!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report