Area :: Header
New August Artist of the Month!

Massimo Righi is our August Artist of the Month!
Discussion Groups

Maya General

Distinguished Contributor
aaronfross

Maya 2014 show manipulator tool missing

4697 Views, 4 Replies
06-18-2013 10:35 AM

Hi,

What's up with the Show Manipulator Tool in Maya 2014? On my system, the tool is not showing up in the toolbar. There's just a blank spot where the icon used to be. The tool is still accessible via the General Shelf.

Thanks,

Aaron

Please use plain text.
peppe3d

Re: Maya 2014 show manipulator tool missing

07-10-2013 02:00 PM in reply to: aaronfross
I'm having the same problem. Does anybody know a fix for this? I loved having the show manipulator tool and the universal manipulator
always available from there
Please use plain text.
Product Support
tony.su

07-10-2013 07:49 PM in reply to: aaronfross

We moved "show manipulator tool" from Tool Box to General shelf. If you select "create default preferences" when you lunch Maya2014 first time, it will shows in General shelf.

But the menu haven't changed (Modify - Transformation Tools - show manipulator tool). And the hotkey "T" haven't changed too.

By the way, we moved "Soft Modification Tool" from Tool Box to Deformation shelf.

Tony Su
Please use plain text.
Distinguished Contributor
aaronfross

07-11-2013 10:15 AM in reply to: tony.su

Hi,

This is a poor design decision. Please move the Show Manipulator Tool back where it belongs, in the Toolbox. This is an essential tool that was placed onto the Toolbox for a reason. Many features all over Maya make use of the Show Manipulator tool. It should not be buried on a shelf, it should be readily accesible. Additionally, please understand that many users, such as myself, don't even use the shelf. I hide it to mitigate clutter onscreen.

At the very least, don't leave a blank hole in the interface where the tool used to be. That's just sloppy and lazy, and everyone involved should be embarrassed.

Thank you

Aaron

Please use plain text.
Product Support
tony.su

07-11-2013 08:07 PM in reply to: aaronfross

o, i don't use shelf too. Why I didn't find this tool missing in tool box, becouse I have never clicked this tool in tool box.

I use "QWERT" hotkey to select,move,rotate,scale and show manipulator tool. You can try it.

I understand this change confuse some customer. So I loged your suggestion in our system as a wishlist.

Tony Su
Please use plain text.