Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here's how Autodesk treats it's customers

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
matt
547 Views, 4 Replies

Here's how Autodesk treats it's customers

I've owned Maya 2008 Ultimate, Maya 2012 and Mudbox 2012, and just purchased Maya 2014 on March 11th. I'm a hobbyist, so it's an expensive software package to purchase, but I thought it was worth the investment. 

Now I learn that Maya 2015 is out, and it's about 5 weeks since I bought Maya 2014. So I email Autodesk and ask if, because the time window was so short, if I could upgrade to Maya 2015 instead. And guess what? 

They said no, once an order is made it cannot be changed (this is somehow beyond the powers that be). BUT they have a resolution for me...I can just buy maya 2015 for another $2500!  Unbelievable. Had I noticed within the 30 day window I could have simply returned Maya 2014 outright. All I'm asking for is the latest version that I paid $2500 to get.

It's this type of "customer service" that is forcing me away from Autodesk and into Modo. I can't believe that Autodesk would alienate customers like this, but now they've shown their true colors.

Thanks Autodesk, it's been nice knowing ya...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nicolasleduc
in reply to: matt

Hello MTHoover, I'm sorry to hear about this. There are indeed other options to get an update. I will contact you by PM to continue this conversation. 

Message 3 of 5
matt

I'm happy to report that I was contacted by some Autodesk higher-ups and they have worked out a solution for me to upgrade to Maya 2015. I'm overjoyed and my faith in Autodesk as a company has been restored. Thank you to Autodesk for coming to the aid of the "hobbyist / little guy". It will definitely go a long way with me and the cg community I frequent.

Message 4 of 5
rimcrazy

It sounds like Autodesk has solved your issue but back to the initial problem I guess I'm a bit surprised as, at least when I originally purchased Maya back in version 9, my original purchased included 1 years subscription.  Having purchased a subscription this incident never would have come up.  Now, I purchased through a VAR (Thank you Motion Media) but I guess I'm surprised your original purchase did not include 1 years subscription.  Your VAR should have discussed this with you and should have offered it.  Just my 2 cents.

Another 2 cents, granted I am not a huge shop.  I have 3 people.  Me, Myself and I.  Every single time I've contacted Autodesk on a support issue I've found them to be courteous, supportive and have answered my question. (which in many cases in retrospect were sometimes pretty dumb n00b questions but they answered me fine none the less)

Win 10 Pro 64Bit
Lenovo P72
64Gb Ram
Nvidia P4000
Message 5 of 5
matt
in reply to: rimcrazy

I never considered buying from a VAR, now I realize it's probably the better option. I've always simply purchased online from the Autodesk web site. In the future I'll look to the VAR's for buying and advice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report