Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone tried using Maya on a Cintiq companion or other tablet?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
wburns99
1261 Views, 2 Replies

Has anyone tried using Maya on a Cintiq companion or other tablet?

I'm trying to go 100% portable with my work and was hearing good things about the Wacom Cintiq Companion. It uses Windows 8 and you can sketch in Photoshop just like with a regular Cintiq but it's small like a tablet. My big hesitation is that I need to be able to work in Maya 2014. Anyone have any experience trying to do that?

FYI here are the specs on the CC:

• Operating system Windows 8 or Windows 8 Pro
  • Processor Intel® Core™ i-7-3517U processor, 1.9 GHz
  • Graphics Card Intel® HD Graphics 4000
  • Storage 256 or 512 GB Solid-state drive (SSD)
  • RAM 8 GB DDR3
Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Karen.Snow
in reply to: wburns99

Hello,

I'm not able to 100% answer your question here but I will offer the information I have.

While Maya may run on the it, Autodesk does not certified/qualify the Cintiq Companion to run with Maya.

Basically it will probably run Maya, but its not the best choice to do so.

If there are other users on the forums that use Maya on Multi-Touch devices they may be able to offer more input but personally I wouldn't recommend it as your main Maya solution.

Thank-you.

Karen

Karen Snow
Message 3 of 3
dsigua
in reply to: wburns99

The companion is not my main computer, but I use it alot for some heavy modeling and i'm ok with the performance.  I use the companion mostly for sculpting but I find myself always using it for Maya as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report