Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started with Maya?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
619 Views, 7 Replies

Getting started with Maya?

Hello,

I'm new to all this. I would like to get started with Maya and assume I need to download Maya 2014. Then do I need to do a license and where to go from there?
I'm looking around and reading the forum posts but just unsure how to get started, how to do the license and which training to start with.

Thanks for any help.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
camilo.lemos
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Are you a student at a degree/certificate granting educational institution? If so, you can download the free student version of Maya from the Autodesk Education Community. All you need to do is register and download the software. You'll be provided with a serial number to activate/license your product. 

If you're looking for the commercial version of Maya, you can purchase it directly from our E-Store.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Hello, I also just started. If you want to learn together message me 😄
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: camilo.lemos

I am a student so I will download the version 2014, correct? Then do I just start using the learnng and videos available? I'm finding so much great information and tutorials but want to start at best place for a beginner.

Thanks

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Hello,

Definitely will message you and we could work together. Would nice to do this.

Thanks,

Rivqa

Message 6 of 8
jessica.t

Hi Rebecca,

The best place to start would probably be in a classroom. But we do have some great materials to help you get started on your own:

Autodesk Maya Learning Path

Autodesk Maya YouTube Learning Channel

Autodesk Maya WikiHelp

Autodesk Maya Training

Hopefully this will be enough to keep you busy for a while! If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for your response. I'm excited and looking forward to getting started.

Message 8 of 8
jessica.t

You're very welcome! If you have any further questions you know where to find us! Smiley Happy

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report