Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error saving file

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
baltam65
2217 Views, 7 Replies

Error saving file

Hi,

I'm using Maya 2014 and when I wanted to save a file the first time, I've got following error-message:

# Error: file C:/Programme/Maya2014/scripts/others/fromNativePath.mel line 90: UnicodeEncodeError: file C:\Programme\Autodesk\Maya2014\python27.zip\os.py line 420: ascii

Have anybody an idea, who can I solve this problem? I can't save any file....Smiley Frustrated

Many thanks to all, who help/answer me Smiley Happy
 and best regards.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
tdHendrix
in reply to: baltam65

Hi,

It might be because you have a non-ascii character either in the filename or project name (for example a letter like é or ó). If you do have a non-ascii character try taking out and see if it lets you save.

Greg Hendrix - Senior Technical Animator
LinkedIn : Twitter
Message 3 of 8
baltam65
in reply to: tdHendrix

Hi Greg,

thanks for your fast answer.

Following to my system:

Maya is installed as a part of my Creative Suite on drive c:

The file(s) I've tried to save on drive d: - here I tried several folders:

3d_Training_Autodesk_Maya

Maya_Projects

Projects_Maya

As you can see, there there is no non-ascii letter in this path.

What can I do? I can't save any work, I've done.....?

Thanks for your answer in advance...

Best regards,

André

Message 4 of 8
baltam65

Hi Greg,

I forgot - the filename was also "normal" = Sorlar_System

Again, thanks for any help.

Best regards,

André

Message 5 of 8
baltam65

Hi Greg,

I've found on the Autodesk-Site Service Pack (1-4) - should I install them (I've got an educational version of the Suite, I've bought...) i.e. would that fix the problem?

Thanks,

André

Message 6 of 8
baltam65

Hi Greg,
well, to be sure I've done different things:

- I've used ascii-conformable letters for the file-name (filename= planets - folder= D:/Maya_Projects - projectname= Solar_System).
- The programm Maya (as a part of my suite) is installed in a place with ascii-conformable ascii-letters.

- And as I found through me Internet-research, I also renamed my user-name and my pc-name to ascii-conformable letters. I also changed entries in the registriy accordingly.

Installed folder for Maya is:

C:/programme/Autodesk

Place of my folder, containing the files:

D:/Maya2014_Projects

So I`ve done all the things, which are known to me. I restarted the system, started Maya, set up a project and unfortunately the error is nearly the same:

# Error: file: C:/Programme/Autodesk/Maya2014/scripts/others/fromNatvivePath.mel line 90: UnicodeEncodeError: file C:\Programme\Autodesk\Maya2014\bin\python27.zip\os.py line 420: ascii

Now I need realy help....

Best regards & thanks,

André

Message 7 of 8
baltam65

So - a little upgrade to my problem.

I installed all four Service Packs - the problem still remains - it is not possible to save any file under Maya 2014.

I'm lost.....

Best regards,

André

Message 8 of 8
baltam65
in reply to: baltam65

After several hours of testing and trying, I found a solution. For all others, who have got the same problem, pls. follow the link

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Maya-General/Can-not-open-a-scene-save-scene-save-scene-as-or-import-i...

and check out fredcoast13 's post.

Best regards,

André

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report