Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create ptex map not working

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
hinobayashi
4937 Views, 13 Replies

Create ptex map not working

Hello everyone.

I want to create a region map for the hair of my character.
Now, if I click "Create map", and then "Create", I get the error:

Error while trying to do ptexBake
// Error: XGen: Failed to find Pony/Clumping1/Points/XGen_Head_Plane.xuv //
// Error: XGen: Searched path includes:
/Users/Marc/Documents/maya/projects/Mouse/MAYA/xgen/collections/Shizuka/Pony/Clumping1/Points/XGen_Head_Plane.xuv (Part of path doesn't exist)
/Users/Marc/xgen/Pony/Clumping1/Points/XGen_Head_Plane.xuv (Part of path doesn't exist)
/Applications/Autodesk/maya2015/plug-ins/xgen/presets/Pony/Clumping1/Points/XGen_Head_Plane.xuv (Part of path doesn't exist) //
// Error: XGen: No clump guides found. [Shizuka,Pony,Clumping1] //
// Error: XGen: Failed to find Pony/paintmaps/mask/XGen_Head_Plane.ptx //
// Error: XGen: Searched path includes:
/Users/Marc/Documents/maya/projects/Mouse/MAYA/xgen/collections/Shizuka/Pony/paintmaps/mask/XGen_Head_Plane.ptx (Part of path doesn't exist)
/Users/Marc/xgen/Pony/paintmaps/mask/XGen_Head_Plane.ptx (Part of path doesn't exist)
/Applications/Autodesk/maya2015/plug-ins/xgen/presets/Pony/paintmaps/mask/XGen_Head_Plane.ptx (Part of path doesn't exist) //

As it hasn't created the map, I can't correct the path.
What should I do?

Greetings,

Marc

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

have you set a maya project...

xGen needs a working project path...

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 14

Thanks for your advice.
The project path is set properly....

Message 4 of 14
hinobayashi
in reply to: hinobayashi

When I want to create to map, a paintmaps-folder is created in my discription as it should do, but there is no texture created...

Message 5 of 14
hinobayashi

Didn't anyone run into the same problem?
I'm really stuck with this one...
Message 6 of 14
hinobayashi

Just found the sollution:
I smoothed the mesh and gave it a lambert shader.
It works fine now.
Message 7 of 14
jsr2000c

YOU ARE THE My Life safer!!! Thank you so so much!!
Message 8 of 14
kotyache

I had the same problem. In my case problem was with a project folder. There was a warning message in Script Editor on loading Maya that it wasn't able to set the project in some folder and is using another folder instead. The folder it tried to access didn't exist and wasn't the folder I chose as a project directory and I didn't pay attention to the message. Only after spending a few hours googling and trying every possible solution to fix the xgen issue I created the folder maya wanted. Now Xgen works fine

Message 9 of 14
ichigo_yagami
in reply to: kotyache

how did you create the x gen file?? i mean the path?? pls explain! I am having some issues

Message 10 of 14

Xgen expects to find an xgen/collections folder in the set project folder. By default its maya/projetcs/default/xgen/collections but if you point the project to a different location that does not have the xgen/collections folders, you might run into issues as there could be permissions issues when Maya tries to create those folders.

If you add xgen/collections folders to the project folder, you should be good. 

You can also tell xgen to look at a specific location via the data file path setting:

File Path.png

2015-10-08 14_06_14-Autodesk Maya Preview Release 59 - Not for Resale_ C__Users_toddm.ADS_Documents_.png

This path can have absolute or relative paths or a mix of both. using ; separation, you can set several locations and xgen will search those locations in order to find the files it needs

Cheers

Michael Todd

XGen Product Owner and Designer

Message 11 of 14

How do I make it search for other location?? Sorry for asking such easy
question but I don't seem to get anywhere
Message 12 of 14

See my previous post

Michael Todd

XGen Product Owner and Designer

Message 13 of 14
bonbonpuli
in reply to: Michael_Todd

I have the same problem in Maya 2017. When Arnold plugin turn on paint ptex not work (not loaded, map not created, map not readed) when Arnold turn off, ptex painting working again. What is this? Looks this bug live until Maya 2014, what is the solution?

Message 14 of 14
sulkybunny
in reply to: Michael_Todd

Hey Micahel

do u guys have similar issues with 2017. when choosing to create  a map an error pops up 

(my project folder)/ paintmaps/width/pPlane1.ptx (Part of path doesn't exist) //

and after that obviously painting maps and hitting the save button doesn't work.

i have one the same in 2015 , besides needing to restart maya for the ptex to load it works there.. 

any ideas? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report