Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open 32 bit image files in Maya 2013 OSX

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nmendolia
1170 Views, 3 Replies

Cannot open 32 bit image files in Maya 2013 OSX

Hello folks,

I'm using Maya 2013 SP2 on a MacBook Pro running 19.8.2. When trying to load 32-bit floating point OpenEXR or Tiff files for displacement maps I will invariably get the following error:

// Warning: Failed to open texture file: <file path>

The proper OpenEXRLoader and tiffFloatReader bundles are loaded in the Plug-in Manager and the very same files open without issue on Maya 2013 on my Win7 machine. It seems this is OSX specific. Has any one else come across this problem?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nmendolia
in reply to: nmendolia

I'll answer my own question here in the hope it's useful to someone googling this issue someday.
The 32 bit .exr and tiff files were applied successfully despite the error message. After tweaking the settings in mental ray's Approximation Editor the dmaps showed up properly. I jumped to the wrong conclusion when my initial test renders showed no additional detail. Maybe the warning message has something to do with the preview swatch not being rendered.
Message 3 of 4
n8skow

What program were these 32-bit images created in?
Message 4 of 4
danjay

I was having the same issue so your answer did help someone who happened to google it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report