Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera clipping problem

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
joh.damo
11884 Views, 4 Replies

Camera clipping problem

Is there an issue with Maya 2014 with the cameras clipping planes, or what I assume to be a clipping plane. The clipping planes are maxed out so I can view from far away and zoom in really close.

However in the orthographics, things tend to just get cut off. Once i move an object past a certain length, it starts to clip and disappears. It only happens in the orthographics. It is a big issue once I have a lot of objects in my scene. I can still zoom in and zoom out without it clipping, it seems to be static at a certain point.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
_sebastian_f
in reply to: joh.damo

what helps most of the time something like this happens is after changing the clipping planes setting the viewports back to default view. (viewport menu: view - default view or alt+home)

Message 3 of 5
kanga007

At the top of the outliner click on show, then select cameras. Select the camera you are having trouble with and just use the move tool to move it further away from your model.

Message 4 of 5
joh.damo
in reply to: kanga007

That fixed it, thank you. Made sense that objects disappeared when it moved passed the camera. Is there a way to preferences to move the camera a bit further?

Message 5 of 5
kanga007

You can use a script to do that which you can find somewhere on the web. I used it once and it worked but moving the cameras works just fine. The problem is with scale in relationship to other 3d applications. Modeling in 3dmax and importing the model into maya for example, makes it giant regardles of what your scale settings are in maya. I am new to the program havent found a logical relationship between real world measurements and maya units yet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report