Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Rendering with Xgen elements issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bruce.cash
1291 Views, 2 Replies

Batch Rendering with Xgen elements issue

This is my first time trying to use Xgen in our pipeline so I am hoping this is just user error. I have a Xgen discription that populates a plane with rocks. I have gone through all of the suggested set-up steps in the user manual for batch rendering.

When the files render out all or some of my rocks will dissapear for 1 frame and then come back spuratically There doesn't seem to be a ryhm or reason to which packets or which machine it happens on. I have re-rendered the scene twice now and each time the anomolies occur on different frames. 

Has anyone seem this or have suggestion on what I might try ? 

rendering using mental ray at 32 bit with render passes

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Karen.Snow
in reply to: bruce.cash

Before getting deeper into your issue, you are creating you files with Maya 2014 Extension but you are rendering with Mental Ray 32 bit?

Mental Ray is 64 bit now, if you are rendering with an older version of Mental Ray, this could be the cause of the problem.

Could you please confirm your exact system set up?

Are you rendering with Mental Ray Standalone?

Best Regards,

Karen

Karen Snow
Message 3 of 3
bruce.cash
in reply to: Karen.Snow

Hi Karen, Thanks for responding 

I am running:

Windows 7 64

core i7

24 gigs of ram

nvidia quadro 4000.

It's the Boxx 3DBoxx W-4920 if you are familier with their products. 

software wise it is the 2014 extension. I am using the standerd Mental Ray render engine that comes with Maya, not the standalone. I assume it is the 64 bit version. The distinction I was making in my previous post is that I am attempting to render out a 32 bit image as appose to a 8 bit image.  

I hope this answers your question and please let me know anything else I can provide as the XGen feature is a life saver for me and I would love to help get any kinks worked out of my process. 

Cheers, 

Bruce

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums