Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking and Export of Actors Head Movement and Rotation? **URGENT**

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
sketchguy
418 Views, 1 Reply

Tracking and Export of Actors Head Movement and Rotation? **URGENT**

The help file clearly states "MatchMover computes the following: The motion of independent moving objects" but I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to do this.

I need to track an actors head movement in addition to the camera. I was able to get a clean track and solve for camera. Now, how does one go about extracting the head movement and rotation so that I can constrain my 3d head geo to match inside Maya? I would think you could specify some tracks and MM would derive the motion and rotation from the solve?

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I'm under a tight deadline.

Thanks,

-Steve
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: sketchguy

If you are tracking a moving object (head) and the camera moves too, then I think you need a more than one camera to get a solve for both the camera movement in the scene and the motion capture of the head. The witness cameras (not sure if you need two or just one) need to be still.
I'm not entirly sure because I have never go this to work myself. I have only managed to do a head track with a single locked on camera. And I didn't do that by the conventional method, I tracked it as if it were a moving camera, then at export told it to keep the camera still and move the scene.
There are some tips and shots to practice with here.
The Blaster Walk clip uses just one moving camera and a survey shot of the object, but the object is a rigid, non-deforming object.
In the Body Capture shot, there is a moving camera and two locked witness cams, because the body is not rigid.
The thing is, I never did get the motion capture to work as it should in MM, only on the tutorial that comes with the program.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report