Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specified X&Y Coordinates not lining up in Max (MatchMover 2012)

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
137 Views, 0 Replies

Specified X&Y Coordinates not lining up in Max (MatchMover 2012)

Hi All, Sorry for the length of this post.

The Short Version:
Will Matchmover be able to calculate any scene and movment?
Also should I be able to get my specified X&Y axis to be flat to the grid in Max every time if in what i am filming there is definate flat 90degree tracked angle e.g a table top with 3 of the corners tracked?
It is coming into Max wonky and I cant seem to fix it.
Note: I have 17 Manual Tracks and I have set the 3D Up Axis to Z in preferences due to me using Max.

The Long version:
I have watched these tutorials, (http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/louis/matchmover_and_3ds_max_3d_tracking_workflow) afterwards I got my phone out took a short video of a notepad, Tracked it with 7 manual track points and it worked fine, the X&Y coordinates I specified came in nice and flat in the Max viewport and I was able to model and composite fine. I was a happy chappy!.

Later I took some more footage, put it through MatchMover, it all tracks fine (nice and green) but I cant seem to get the coordinates I have specified to be X&Y to sit flat in Max. They are rotated about 30deg in both X&Y.
The 3 track points I specified to be X&Y are 90 degrees to each other in the real world (corners of a table). However in the footage the nearest point of the table to me is one of corners, so in 2D my points look like a V shape also I havent tracked all 4 corners just the 3 as the last corner leaves the scene. Should this still work?

I have taken more footage not just of table tops and tried but have had the same result when bringing it into max, its all a bit wonky. I know what I have specified to be X&Y is 90degrees and a flat surface in the real world and it has a good track.

I hope this makes sense and hope someone has a nice tip to get the X&Y axis to line up correctly in max, I cant understand whats going wrong I have tried Loads of stuff and searched for an answer for the last two days now, Its driving me nuts!
Note: I have 17 Manual Tracks and I have set the 3D Up Axis to Z in preferences due to me using Max.

Thanks
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report