Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matchmover not starting (possibly licence problem)?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
2031 Views, 11 Replies

Matchmover not starting (possibly licence problem)?

i recently installed autodesk maya using the student portal and license, and also found out it came with matchmover and composite! im still trying to learn maya, but out of curiosity i tried opening matchmover, and it stopped with an error message. this is not a problem with maya or composite. i think it might have something to do with the licensing. i attached the error message, which maybe someone can understand what is being said?. can somebody share a suggestion?

it reads:

license was not ob†ained
Tried Maya 2013 (65E1 2013.0.0.P), error 25

License method:
environment variable MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD='standalone'

Product choice:
environment variable MAYA_LICENSE='unknown'

License file override:
environment variable MAYA_ALT_EN is not set

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

No attachment - please see this post for help with attachments.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous

I am having this exact same problem, my error screen looks exactly like his screenshot. I've tried copying the license.env file from the maya package, no dice. I also removed the files from /library/preferences/flexnetpublisher/flexnet and then re-registered the product, still no dice. I then uninstalled, cleaned up all the files, and then reinstalled... no dice. Someone has had to have this problem before and fixed it, please help.

System:
June 2012 Macbook Pro 15 (classic)
Mac OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion (installed on 512GB SSD)
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

I have now re-formatted my system partition and reinstalled OSX 10.8 three times yet each time I install maya and then try to run matchmover I get that same error... I give up, this software is obviously broken and I doubt autodesk has any intention of fixing it, so whatever I guess I will have to run the windows version under parallels... Im ticked.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

im running osx 10.6.8, and it isn't working. so it must be something with this software release. too bad, i was looking forward to using this programs' capabilities
Message 6 of 12
EmmanuelFourquet2468

Hello ,
just to say, the team development work actually on this problem.
the last week i had to work with matchmover and i can't resolve myself the problem , so i send an email to the customer support , and they try to resolve the bug directly by tacking the hand on line in my mac , but no good result , they actually work with their development team ,
and they comming back to me when they have an issue.When i'll have news i post on this forum.
And for my tracking i done it with after effect cs6 , with new tracking tool.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: EmmanuelFourquet2468

thanks. i might even give customer service a shout in a few weeks and see if they found a fix then.
Message 8 of 12
robinson.sampa

Hi! Use the windows version doesn't make sense to me, so I found a workaround.

This bug seems to apply only to SP1 release, so until they fix it we can install the original release from your 1st DMG release. I think there's no changes in MatchMover 2013 in SP1, except for this startup issue. =P

After make a clean install using the original release, you can register Maya and use Matchmover without problems, than you can update using SP1 installer deselecting MatchMover from installer.

Hope it helps.
Message 9 of 12
pened

Hi,
I installed today Maya 2013 Exstension (SP2). I´m guessing this problem is still here. Because I did clear instalation of SP2, it means with uninstalatation of SP1 version and there were problem to start MatchMover. It was solved with help of my Maya seller from AW graph. It is necessary to make file License.env in that folder c:\Program Files\Autodesk\MatchMover2013\

MAYA_LICENSE=unlimited
MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD=Standalone

and I don´t know why Maya doesn´t make on C drive folder flexlm. So I had to make it manually. After that it works ok.
Peter

Message 10 of 12
EmmanuelFourquet2468

Hello,
today i install maya 2013 sp2 (with new install for composite and matchmover)and matchmover work on mac.
Message 11 of 12
tilmannkohlhaase

Hi,
I installed today Maya 2013 Exstension (SP2). I´m guessing this problem is still here. Because I did clear instalation of SP2, it means with uninstalatation of SP1 version and there were problem to start MatchMover. It was solved with help of my Maya seller from AW graph. It is necessary to make file License.env in that folder c:\Program Files\Autodesk\MatchMover2013\

MAYA_LICENSE=unlimited
MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD=Standalone

and I don´t know why Maya doesn´t make on C drive folder flexlm. So I had to make it manually. After that it works ok.
Peter

Thanks! That worked out after I've transferred my license to annother computer matchmover didn't work. Creating the file helped!
Message 12 of 12
len_subs

I've found the extension (aka SP2) under the subscription page and am going to try this for myself... sure hope it works! Thanks guys.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report