MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using mocap data in trax editor(story mode)

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
turbojoys
521 Views, 0 Replies

using mocap data in trax editor(story mode)

hi all

i hav something that bugs me right now regarding implementing mocap data in MB

ok, here is what i did

i open a blank MB scene, and motion import a whole bunch of BVH data from the same mocap collection set into MB, then i characterized the skeleton and made it a biped. then i save all the takes as seperate takes for later use

then i open the character which has been properly configured in MB, in the story window, i create a new track using the character, then i drop the motion take which i saved out previously in, and great, everything follow or move perfectly just like the mocap motion

now here is the buggy part,  then i went preparing another set of BVH data just like previously(this set of BVH data is complete different from the previous set, different bone set) and when i try using the takes saved out from this set of mocap in the story window with my character, the character would move with the mocap in general but the body parts are off

i have to use the solid approach with the second set of BVH now, which is drop my character into the second set of characterized mocap skeleton scene, and let the skeleton drive my character in the same scene, then plot every takes into my character, then merge the takes with my empty character,

but do it this way, i can only use the motion in the same character or characters with the same bone set up, where as with the first set of mocap data, i could apply all motions to all characters through story mode

i hope i express myself clear over this la, i really wanna know why the second set of BVH would give me bad motion when using story mode, while the first set of BVH works perfect with the exact same approach? could it be the second BVH set was made using some older standards? or is there something that i am not doing right?

by the way, here are what the 2 set of BVH skeletons with all the joint zero rotation look like:

here is the first BVH set skel, which when zero out rot, it comes in T stance

1stSetOfBVHSkel.jpg

here is the second BVH set skel when all joints zero rotation

2ndSetOfBVHSkel.jpg

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report