MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maya HIK rig disappears in MB when I bake to control rig?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
brian1_nc
948 Views, 1 Reply

maya HIK rig disappears in MB when I bake to control rig?

I brought my maya HIK rig into MB. My mocap character is driving it, but when I plot character to the contol rig and move the time slider off the first frame, everything disappears. None of the visibility settings or display options will make the rig show in the viewport, but I can select an effecter and see its curves. Seems like a bug. Anyone else seen this. Next when I save out just the control rig and open the file in both MB and maya, the red effectors look fine, but the yellow fk controls dont display.

MotionBuilder 7.5 thru ...
3dsMax 2.5 thru ...
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
brian1_nc
in reply to: brian1_nc

Well after a good deal of troubleshooting, I came up with a workaround. I just delete the maya HIK control rig in MB. Create a new control rig in MB, remove the namespace on it and add a prefix to the heirarchy(python script) to make it match the maya HIK rig names. Then my retargetting tool plots to it and does a save selected and then it loads ok in maya. The only thing is I have to turn the reach on for all of the control rig effectors in maya.

Even though I'm in maya 2014 and MB2014, the maya HIK rig property reads as HIK 2013.2.0 in Motionbuilder. Maybe that is the problem.

MotionBuilder 7.5 thru ...
3dsMax 2.5 thru ...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report