MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use the iPad as a virtual camera for motionbuilder?!!!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1252 Views, 4 Replies

Use the iPad as a virtual camera for motionbuilder?!!!

Hey guys. So long time reader, first time poster. I am having SO MUCH FUN using off the shelf tools like the kinect with motion builder and now I see that you can use the iPad as a secondary display for windows (air display). So I have a multipart question.

First, is there a one ap solution that will turn my ipad into a virtual camera with realtime playback in motionbuilder?

Second, Air display allows the ipad to be a wireless monitor for the pc, is there a script/program that can tap into the accelerometer on the ipad and drive the camera using that?

Finally, is there any available tools that use existing devices like the wiimote to drive a camera in motionbuilder? (no markered tracking please)

A last resort would be straping a wiimote to an ipad, but it kills me to know that the ipad is capable of doing it on its own. I'm not much of a scripter. Please help!

THANKS!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I found Cameraman for Maya (http://the3dninja.com/blog/?page_id=1235), but a couple issues. No video playback on the display and it's in maya instead of motionbuilder. Could I stream from motionbuilder to maya? This is close, but I think the real answer is in motion builder.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I found Cameraman for Maya (http://the3dninja.com/blog/?page_id=1235), but a couple issues. No video playback on the display and it's in maya instead of motionbuilder. Could I stream from motionbuilder to maya? This is close, but I think the real answer is in motion builder.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

If there was a windows program that could track an ipad like glovepie tracks wiimotes that would be uselful. Anyone know of one?
Message 5 of 5
hoganburrows

The iPad is too slow over wifi for a virtual camera

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report