MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clean / eliminate noisy data on BVH files?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
greyfox
3088 Views, 2 Replies

How to clean / eliminate noisy data on BVH files?

Hi Guys,

I'm new with motionbuilder. Is there a way to stop or eliminate noisy movements on BVH files after importing it to MB?

Any tutorial of the method or process would be very helpful.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: greyfox

Hey,

Filters are probably your first and last line of defense against jittery data.

As long as you have plotted curves, open up the filter tab, and in the f-curves window select up a range (or the whole range if you have to) and try Butterworth or Smooth... Peak Removal or even Key Reducing sometimes can help too... but the former are your best of bets.

If you haven't ever done it before, a tip 'cause it's strange, you have to preview and then hit accept to apply the filter. I don't think you can just hit accept....

You have to play with the values too, see what suits your needs.

And if that doesn't work, maybe look into however you made the .bvh and smooth your data before it comes into Motionbuilder.

Best of luck
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: greyfox

Hey,

It looks like I dont have the butterworth filter in motionbuilder. In fact I seem to have only 4 filters : Peak removal, Reinterpolate, smooth and smooth translation. The filter is set in optical and I can't switch it to All, like in all the tutorials I saw.

Any help on this...?

Thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report