Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom in Publisher

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
DougSchmucker
1606 Views, 9 Replies

zoom in Publisher

We have a problem with the video output not following what you see when you play the presentaion in the program.  The output whether it is wmv, mp4 or flash seems to not recognize the zoom or camera angle in random snapshots within the program. I am using the buzzsaw site to put file named HOW TO INSTALL AND ADJUST A PIVOT HINGE on for you to look at.  The snapshot that it does not want to cooperate on,  I will label it BAD so you know where the problem is occuring.  It does not seem to help to delete that snapshot for me.   I also email Timera Hart about this problem on other files previously this week.  We really need some help ASAP to get these videos on our web sitel looking good for Sauder. Thankyou for your help.    

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
peggy.wang
in reply to: DougSchmucker

Could you also copy the email to me? I will look into it. My email is wang.ping@autodesk.com.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 10
DougSchmucker
in reply to: peggy.wang

Here are the copies I sent to Timera and Steve Widom. Hi Timera, I realize that this is not the right channel to go through, but I just wanted to let you know that the output is not matching what you see in the play presentation within the program. I sent an example to Steve Widom but he is under Hurricane Sandy's destruction right now and not sure how soon he is going to get to these. For some reason the camera zoom is not giving the same results in the wmv output file that you see when you play it in the program. Very frustrating when you put hours into a video and get it to what you want to see and then the output does something different by not giving you the same results. We are trying to get 10 or more videos out to consumers by Nov 1, and 1/3 of them are not working. Would someone want to take a look any of these videos or is your programming dept aware of the problem and are addressing it? Please pass this on to the proper person. Thank you for all your help. Doug Sauder Woodworking Co Ext 3206 Steve, I put two new files out on the buzzsaw site for you to look at. For some reason, Publisher output has a mind of its own. Please open the file attach back.ipb and play the video in the program. It looks fine and runs great. But then output it to wmv , watch it and at 143 seconds into the video where after the first three nails are hammered through the back, the program has a mind of its own and flips the unit over and starts the 4th nail. I don't what the unit to flip over and it plays fine in the program. You would expect that what ever plays in the presentation that your output would be the same. If you want to pin point where the problem is occurring in the program, I labeled 2 snapshots bad1 and bad2 with 5 seconds in between just to emphasize the problem. It is choking between these two snap shots in the output file. Please look at this and submit this to Autodesk if necessary. This is happened to me 3 times now in 3 different videos and really needs to be looked at by Autodesk and fixed ASAP. Thanks, Doug Sauder Woodworking Co Ext 3206 ________________________________ This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged, confidential, or proprietary information which may be protected from disclosure under law, and is intended solely for the use of the individual, group, or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not one of the named recipients, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete this message immediately from your computer. Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Thank you for your assistance.
Message 4 of 10
peggy.wang

Hello Doug,

I don't see your files in BuzzSaw, here is my findings about publish to video.

There is a setting for the Publish area. Please see my attached image video1.png, hover the cursor on the publish area boorder, it will show the edit command, click it to change the publish area, in this case, my model is out of the border.

See the second image video2.png, when publish to video, there is also a setting for the publish area, the default is Use defined Publish area, you can choose other items when need, and there is another option of Scale Annotations when publish video. Please adjust your setting and try again. Hope this can solve your problem.

If you still have any other problems, please send me the email, and I will send you a secure website to upload the files, and I will look into it if need.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 10
DougSchmucker

I am using the 1280x 720 setting on my screen and also the same setting as my video output 1280x 720. So I have done what you ask , but having the same problem of not getting the same results in the wmv that I am getting in the player. When I play it in the player within the program it looks great. When I output this to video to create a wmv or mp4, it does not give me the same results of what just saw in the player. Please look at the files on the buzzsaw site. The files are in the Files for Widom Assoc folder . Here is the screen shot. Please look at the attach back v1.ipb. It plays fine in the player withing the program. Now look at the wmv named attach backv1 bad and play this in your Windows media play. At 1:42 and 1:43 seconds in the video the whole unit flips over(which I do not want) in the wmv , but then at the same point where I labeled snapshots bad1 and bad2 in the program in the player it looks great (unit does not flip over). There are other examples in the attach back v2.ipb that you can look at also. Go ahead and create a wmv for yourself and see if you get the same results in the wmv as the player withing the program. I am not getting good results when I do this. Same scenario where the video output has the unit flying all over the place (which I do not want) but plays fine in the player within the program which looks good. [cid:image001.png@01CDBBFB.54771C50] ________________________________ This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged, confidential, or proprietary information which may be protected from disclosure under law, and is intended solely for the use of the individual, group, or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not one of the named recipients, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete this message immediately from your computer. Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Thank you for your assistance.
Message 6 of 10
peggy.wang

Could you tell me where is file located in Buzzsaw? which project and which folder? It seems I can only visit invmodelingQA project. Could you send me an email, and I will reply you a secure FTP to upload the dataset? My email is wang.ping@autodesk.com

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 10
Paul.post

I got a problem like this but its every camera position in the whole video.

Is there already a sollution for this?

Message 8 of 10
na.miao
in reply to: Paul.post

Paul,

Did you meet this issue for every data or just some data? if just some files, can you send it to me.my e-mail is na.miao AT autodesk.com.

Na Miao(Autodesk)
Inventor Publisher QA
Message 9 of 10
DougSchmucker
in reply to: na.miao

I am no longer working on this problem or working in Publisher right now for that matter. I did not get a solution and do not know if this problem exists. What I am waiting for is a better improved program that I was promised by the end of July and we do have someone here at Sauder Woodworking using Publiser. He is eager to see what the new program has to offer.  Is it released to the public yet? 

Message 10 of 10
jannaspicer

Hi Doug, Good news - Inventor Publisher 2015 has been released. We are still working to get it on the trial page, but it is available via Subscription center now.

Please let us know if you are still encountering issues with the 2015 release.

Thanks,

Janna

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report