Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

output from Publisher

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
DougSchmucker
686 Views, 5 Replies

output from Publisher

Publisher needs more outputs like Inventor 2010 offers.The one we really need is Is AutoDesk DWG output from Publisher like Inventor 2010 CAD offers?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jon.Balgley
in reply to: DougSchmucker

Thanks for the feedback, it really helps us with setting priorities.

Could elaborate a bit on how you'd use the DWG output?

Jon Balgley
Message 3 of 6

Here are the  option settings we use out of Inventor 2010 for dwg.

AutoCad 2004

Customize DWG/DXF

Flat Pattern.xml

Source Data All Sheets checked

Export Options Base View Scale - Model Space

Closest AutoCad Mapping checked

See the attachment below for screen shots out of Inventor.

With these settings Inventor creates a DWG that Adobe Illustrator can read  and open.

I tried all the other output options from Publisher and none were the quality that we are getting with these settings out of Inventor CAD 2010.

Message 4 of 6
Jon.Balgley

Thanks!

1. Are you "just" trying to go to Adobe Illustrator, or are you going to do something with the data in AutoCAD?
  2. Have you tried the Publisher 2011 R1 "Vector" output?  It generates an SVG file, which can be imported into Illustrator.  It may give you the high-fidelity results you want.

Jon Balgley
Message 5 of 6
DougSchmucker
in reply to: Jon.Balgley

Right now we are creating graphics from AutoCad Inventor with the  DWG setting that I sent you in the last e-mail. The views that we are generating out of AutoCad Inventor take much more time to create than they would to create in Publisher. So what I would like to do is create the graphics in Publisher instead of Inventor. Then have Publisher output a nice looking graphic to Illustrator. Right now we are getting a good handoff between Inventor and Illustrator. Because parts are so much easier to move around in Publisher, I would like Publisher to do that work and make the handoff to Illustrator. Yes, I did try the vector format out of Publisher and lines were very choppy and even missing in some cases when I brought it into Illustrator. It was not the quality we are getting right now out of AutoCad Inventor.  

Message 6 of 6
Jon.Balgley

OK, I understand.  Thanks again, feedback like this really helps us focus our efforts.

Jon Balgley

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report