Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad - URL-Schema?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ursbrauchli
1385 Views, 7 Replies

iPad - URL-Schema?

Hi Forum

A customer of mine would like to have the IPM-functionality in his own app. As I have no idea about Autodesk and/or IPM, I apologize in advance for my (possibly stupid) questions 🙂

Is there an API or something I could use to integrate IPM-functionality?

If not, does the IPM-App provide an URL-schema that I can call from my app, so I can open documents from my app in the IPM-Viewer?

I read something about a webservice where people upload their dwf-files to the Autodesk-Servers and the files are somehow processed and then you can view them in your browser?
As iPads provide a View called WebView, where normal webpages can be displayed, would it be possible to integrate the IPM-Viewer in this way?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Urs 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jon.Balgley
in reply to: ursbrauchli

The way to do this is to publish locally from within publisher, copy the IPM toyour own server, and then use a HTTP link to open the model in the viewer.  Inventor Publisher Mobile Viewer (IPMV) registers the ".ipm" extension on iOS devices, so that clicking on a link with a .ipm extension should open the file in the app. 

You can’t get at the files that are published directly to the Autodesk cloud, except thru the special “IPM:” URLs.  If you really wanted to, you could program a link in your application to link to this file and it would open the model from the Autodesk Cloud.

Jon Balgley
Message 3 of 8
tuhin007
in reply to: Jon.Balgley

I received an e-mail asking about how to find custom URL schemes for specific applications.

Just in case you are unfamiliar with a custom url scheme – this refers to binding your app to a specific url scheme such as twitter:// which when used will execute the related app on the user’s iOS device.  What’s really cool is that you can attach custom parameters depending on the app for example:
twitter://post?message=visit%20maniacdev.com

You simply load the url, and the app opens.. it’s that easy.

http://www.zerostylus.com/

Message 4 of 8
vsu123
in reply to: Jon.Balgley

Is it possible to pass any parameters into the application? For example, if I want some items to be highlighted, is there a way to have those highlighted without having to manually open and then click on said items?

Message 5 of 8
peggy.wang
in reply to: vsu123

Hello vsu123,

Thank you for the post. The answer is Yes, Publisher will publiser all paramaters to IPM by default, and you can use Properties Filter function to selectively publish the properties.

Regards,

Peggy

Autodesk Publisher QA

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 8
vsu123
in reply to: peggy.wang

Is there documentation for the aforementioned parameters? Regards, Vincent
Message 7 of 8
peggy.wang
in reply to: vsu123

Hello Vincent,

This is the link of property filter:

http://wikihelp-stg.autodesk.com/Inventor_Publisher/enu/2013/Help/0286-Publish_286/0303-Model_Pr303

and Publisher can support to keep properties when publish to Mobile and DWF.

when you open the file in IPM viewer, or in DWF viewer, double click to selected the model, we can see the properties.

1_副本.png

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 8
vsu123
in reply to: peggy.wang

Hi Peggy,

When I click on the link, it says I don't have permission. Any alternatives or workarounds for this?

Thanks,

Vincent

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report